Laptop will not recognize Powerlogger

Vince13

I just purchased a power logger and I can't get the laptop to recognize the USB connection' it does not give the alarm when it sees a device plugged in and does not show up in the device manager. The laptop will recognize other USB devices at the same time and does not matter what port I try.

I have tried 2 laptops Xp and Windows 7 with no luck. Triple checked the connections and cleaned the card edge connector several times.

I get a green light flash when key on.

Help

Do you have any other USB cables around that you can try? Once in a while I'll run into a bad USB cable.
Eric

gto the start then control panal then go to hardware and you should find it then right click it then you will have a few options there to try to fix it hopr this helps.

It is still not showing up in device manager. It is like it is dead is there a hand shake signal I can check?

If I plug any other Usb device I get the chime from the laptop and the balloon that new hardware has been found.

Thanks

I tried that, I was thinking it may be the laptop but I can see other Usb devices show up when I plug them in.

call fullthrottle maybe they can help you or check there web site for trouble shooting .or theres something wrong with the logger .did you down load the software dont know if it would make a diffrence .keep us posted .good luck .

When you installed the software for your PL along with the Windows 7 Driver you might have selected the wrong Port I believe they both read USB but they both don't work. I removed the program and reinstalled and selected the other port and it finally worked. Sorry I did this last year and don't remember the specifics. I think this may be your problem.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Bob has asked me to ship it to him for testing.

The support on this board is top notch