late model engine

Mike85T

went to the junkyard today and bought a 109 block for 100 bucks while getting it there where some late model motors there are there any pros and cons of the f body 3800s

found this in another post may answer ur question:)

"The only thing the LC2 and the 3800 S II share are the rod bearings . Unfortunately they are not interchangeable. It is possible to take a Series II and mount it in TR with some fabbing and a lot of other work. Look for a 3800 out of a late 90's f-body. They have a more accommodating intake design for a turbo application. These are very thick in the mains and could be pushed to 1000hp with some forged pistons and not much else done to the block."

i saw this when i was searching and i saw some negative stuff but i was wanting to see if anyone has done it and what was involved.

Keep in mind the 3800's all use a 60 Degree V6 style bellhousing so your tranny probably will not bolt up.

yeah but you can put a 30 spline input shaft good sun and planetary set and all the rest of the goodies and it'll be alright.i have a couple 60 degree
700r4s . This is going in my 89 firebird anyway. its going to be a formula T.

The 4th Gen F-body 4L60E's aren't any different, just the bellhousings are different LS1 to L36. Still the biggest problem will be your oilpan to crossmember interference. No idea on accessories.

i already have a tubular k member in the car. and the motor at the junkyard had all the acc on it. what about the late model heads how do they compare witth the gn heads

Accessory clearance is what I'm reffering to, not the availibility.

The heads are better, particularly the NA L36 and even more so the later L26 heads since they don't have the injectors in the heads. They make ported versions that do quite well and they have upto 1.9:1 rockers for them. I suggest going and reading lots and lots on Club Grand Prix! Your online Grand Prix & G8 resource and RegalGS.org about the L36 and L26 NA and the L67 and L32 supercharged motors.

An Intense F-body with a 3800 Series II just got into the high 8's. The trans and suspension is what holds the FWD guys back and the F-body guys don't build V6's when a V8 swap is cheaper and easier to get into the good drag numbers.

This is going in an f body it would be easier to do an lsx swap and we have a 6.0 on the floor but once i got a taste of the buick power i was hooked. Your in nashville thats cool i'm just south of you in columbia.