Latest Hood liner Thread

williamsGN

'Horse sneeze' addict
What is the latest on hood liners ? I remember the form fitting one thought I can't seem to find it, anyone have luck with it? I'll looking for an economical fix to mine, I would run without it but fear burning the hood paint as I don't have a heat shield. Some have used
a 'boot' for the exhaust section, has that worked for anyone without a liner? How about hoodliners.net products? TIA

Last edited:
What is the latest on hood liners ? I remember the form fitting one thought I can't seem to find it, anyone have luck with it? I'll looking for an economical fix to mine, I would run without it but fear burning the hood paint as I don't have a heat shield. Some have used
a 'boot' for the exhaust section, has that worked for anyone without a liner? How about hoodliners.net products? TIA

I got a new GM blank 8 hole pad from my local Buick dealer Part number 25525977 a few months ago for a little over 200 dollars. It took about 5 weeks to get it.I bought a stencil from a board member but I don't think he has anymore.I haven't put the letters or logo on yet. I need to find what paint or what ever to use.

I think I saw one OEM 9 hole pad on eBay @ over $3000. Ha! Take a hike mister!

f you don't care if you have an OEM or close to OEM hood pad. You can make your own.

I used some H2 Metro black fiberglass - one side dark (other side heather) quite a while ago. These days eBay has a couple pads at Jeg's & The Parts Place. Also Collector Auto Supply has eBay #195714616361. Collector also sells direct and often runs a 10% off for 1st time purchase. FakeyFleebay might have FREE SHIP?!

I cut my own pattern - precuts were not offered then (olfart here). I designed most of my own logo & found fonts (sizes) to make stencils. Applied them with a fabric adhesive (It paid to talk to my wife ;) ). I used silver wheel paint - I think Duplicolor.

I'm prejudiced but it turned out great as far as I care. The hardest part was getting the holes right on my blank pad. Lucky I Had a spare hood to play with.

One last note - I found a 2 foot square of FOIL backed 3/8" felt (at an auto upholstery shop). Adhered it to the underside of the hood above the turbocharger - foil side toward engine.

The whole thing came in under $100 at the time. My cheapo version was custom, nice, & left money for other things!! I'll try to find a picture.