LCA bracing

I used the hr parts n stuff weld in kit. I have seen them with tubing and brackets welded to the floor pan

Made my own and 1 other member had me make him a set.:smuggrin: These are weld on but to do it right the frame must be out of the car.;)
DSCN0002.JPG DSCN0003.JPG LCA braces.JPG

Can you post a pic of the completed setup with suspension in the car??

I was wondering if you have a panhard rod or locating bar to center the rear housing also.
No pan hard bar Rob, and the rest of the mods to the frame will not be shown, except to a very few. If you want to find out almost all the mods to the frame look in the B4black section and the title is "Finally got some time".;)

ive been in the 10's looking for a lot faster seen no need

If no bracing is used eventually you will rip the brace off the frame. Not only does it rip the bracket off the frame but it will go through the floor and through the rear seat bottom. Saw it with my own eyes. could not believe it

If no bracing is used eventually you will rip the brace off the frame. Not only does it rip the bracket off the frame but it will go through the floor and through the rear seat bottom. Saw it with my own eyes. could not believe it

At what ET does this become an issue?

Does this happen at about the same ET that wrinkles quarter panels?

ive been in the 10's looking for a lot faster seen no need

I'd rather do something that takes no money to do,[ I can make the brackets and weld them in] instead of shooting the suspension through the floor boards due to weakness or a fluke that may or may not happen.

I should be alright even if I don't do it as my car is a street car and will not see anything lower than a high nine pass.

At what ET does this become an issue?

Does this happen at about the same ET that wrinkles quarter panels?
I saw the car at ANS Performance. I dont know how fast it was but it went right through the floor. I welded in the hr kit shown above

if you don't want to weld brackets, you can buy the connecting arms that do a similar thing but not as good. they connect the upper fronts to the lower fronts is all. seem to work. but anybody running 11's and faster should be concerned.

if you don't want to weld brackets, you can buy the connecting arms that do a similar thing but not as good. they connect the upper fronts to the lower fronts is all. seem to work. but anybody running 11's and faster should be concerned.

i'm surprised GM didn't think to put these braces on the cars at the factory- they put them on A bodies with big blocks and/or performance suspension setups going back to at least 1967, then stopped doing it when the downsized "metric" A bodies came out in 1978..

My HR frame mounts were welded in without removing the body. The unwelded kit was purchased and the upper plate is the only plate that does not have the "benefit" of being welded on both sides of each plate. Then a few gussets were added and the outside plate to tie the top and bottom piece in and that was it. The car is at the paint shop, but I can try to get pics by the weekend.