Led tail light bulb

blackdeathtrap

smoking six barrel
Alright so i decided since i needed something brighter for lighting in my tail lights and such. So i purchased
A lots of led bulbs for all of the exterior and interior lighting in my car. im curious if i need to change my flash relay or will the still work just flash slower

I did the same thing....and then pulled them all out. I was happy to see the brightness of the new bulbs, and then hit the turn signals.....left signal...both sides lit up and stayed on..no flash at all. Right signal..same tbing. These leds dont draw enough power to work properly. So then i went and bought tbe resistors. They ran to hot..pulled it all out.Wazted 85 bucks. Hope you have bbetter luck. Please post results

Im curious if i can get a flasher relay that will remedy the issue like on all the motor cycles i put leds on they sell relays just pop em in probleme solved

Hey blackdeathtrap,
If that is the actual flasher you ordered, I don't think it will work. From my experience with
my car, I needed a 2 pin relay.

I am pretty much in the same boat as you are. I have changed every bulb that is on my car inside and out to LEDs including my headlights. I have the same issue with my turn signals as you have (they are staying lite up (solid) as though the bulbs are blown). This is due to the little amount of current draw / load that the LEDs exhibit on the system. The LED bulbs use about 1/10 of current draw as the stock bulbs do.

You will need a 2 pin flasher (electronic). I got on from o'Reillys and it worked perfectly with the tail light LEDs. But when I put the LEDs in the front lights (2057/1157 locations), the solid turn signal problem came back.
I found out that you will need the LED Electronic Flasher p/n CF12ANL-01 that was not available locally here, so i ordered one online. It was supposed to be here last Sunday, but got lost in the mail. I should have my new one here on this Friday.

Note: the electronic flashers work silently, So there is no clicking sound when the turn signal is activated. The stock ones are mechanical which give you the clicking noise.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that you can supposedly ground the relay and each LED to get an clicking noise. But I don't know how it's possible, since there are no moving parts inside of the relay to click together.

I also read that you can install the stock mechanical flasher in parellel with the electronic flasher which would give the click noise.......but I would "think" that would cause your lights to get stuck and stay solid again.

If you look at the picture of the relay B (baterie) l (load) e ( earth or ground) these can be easily wired into are system and im shure it will work il post the right up wen im done

This might be off the topic of what you want to do but the LED tails from Scot at GNS Performance are one of the best exterior mods I did to my car. An excellent product. They are not even in the same league as an LED bulb.

Roger that but at 300 dollars im there out of my budget as of right now so im gonna build my set up for 50 dollars and under and help the cheep guys on the board get brighter then stock lights

For shure thats what im here for just like how i modded a smc alky kit to use a much larger pump that wont seeze and it works amazing totaly cost of my alky kit 10 dollars lol

And my custom build side exit exhaust basicaly lets just say i have alot of time on my hands and hate bieng like every one else thats why my buick looks like this lol

Attachments

• 1427327759592.jpg
    1427327759592.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 186
Your GN looks very cool and different. Is the matte color a paint or vinyl wrap?

P.s. thumbs up on the side exhaust

Have this one in my camaro with LED's all around. 2 prongs. Works great, unlike the bulbs that don't put out crap for light. Got it at Carquest.

Attachments

• 1427416123099.jpg
    1427416123099.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 1427416133048.jpg
    1427416133048.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 161
Have this one in my camaro with LED's all around. 2 prongs. Works great, unlike the bulbs that don't put out crap for light. Got it at Carquest.

That was the 1st one i brought and installed into my GN, but it only worked with the rear LEDs installed & the stock bulbs in the front. Once the front LEDs got installed, my flasher Indicator went to back solid. I purchased that same one from o'reillys, just returned it today.

My new one should be in tomorrow according to my tracking numbers. Hopefully it will work.