Let's put some faces to the names!

Wel if you want some turbine style wheels for the Corvette PM me bruce. I've got 4 of them and and can't use them now because of the backspacing.:frown:

Thank you for the offer, Charlie, but I don't need a set. I've been using the '76 original aluminum Corvette wheels on the Vette since '82. Ones that are non shiny and have the black center....thing I love about them is they are so easy to clean, no polishing....I put a butter dish container over the center painted part, then wet the wheels, spray with Eagle One aluminum cleaner for non polished wheels....the stuff acts like acid and really cleans the aluminum....makes them stand out and look new....have gotten a lot of offers for them but I love them too much....like I said, so easy to clean, the less I have to clean all of the time, the happier I am, as I'm aging fast.:rolleyes:

But thanks again. Appreciate the offer.

Bruce '87 Grand National

bruce urie, your kind of like "the gentle old soul":)
i always enjoy your post. heres to you, bud:)

and with all the cut-ups in here, i'm surprised nobody's posted this yet:confused:

Attachments

• fat-blogger.jpg
    fat-blogger.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 485
Fianlly a picture of me on the board without a gun or dead animal.
This is a recent family picture. My wife of 14 years, 4 year old son, and 1 year old daughter.

Attachments

• zzzz.jpg
    zzzz.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 455
Thank you for the offer, Charlie, but I don't need a set. I've been using the '76 original aluminum Corvette wheels on the Vette since '82. Ones that are non shiny and have the black center....thing I love about them is they are so easy to clean, no polishing....I put a butter dish container over the center painted part, then wet the wheels, spray with Eagle One aluminum cleaner for non polished wheels....the stuff acts like acid and really cleans the aluminum....makes them stand out and look new....have gotten a lot of offers for them but I love them too much....like I said, so easy to clean, the less I have to clean all of the time, the happier I am, as I'm aging fast.:rolleyes:

But thanks again. Appreciate the offer.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Hey Bruce I had a 71 Stingray a few years ago, 454 4 speed.... built a little bit :biggrin: That looks close.

This is me at 75 & 80 Dragway in Monrovia, MD about a month ago.

untitled.jpg

And here's a video of a pass I made. 2000rpm launch on the Kumho street radials. I think it was a 12.4x pass if I remember correctly.

Scott Jackson | Facebook

bruce urie, your kind of like "the gentle old soul":)
i always enjoy your post. heres to you, bud:)

The "gentle old soul" appreciates very much the kind words from you, as it made my day. And thank you kindly, buddy, you're a good guy.:)

Bruce '87 Grand National

and with all the cut-ups in here, i'm surprised nobody's posted this yet:confused:

Yep, that's really me, Bruce Urie, finally in the flesh!!!1:eek: Everytime I put on my bathing trunks I look like a hard boiled egg with a rubber band around it.:p

Bruce '87 Grand National

Fianlly a picture of me on the board without a gun or dead animal.
This is a recent family picture. My wife of 14 years, 4 year old son, and 1 year old daughter.

What a beautiful family! You all look so happy in that photo. Does my heart good to see this picture......I'm happy for all of you.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Hey Bruce I had a 71 Stingray a few years ago, 454 4 speed.... built a little bit :biggrin: That looks close.

I remember the '71s real well. Different side vents, different front grill, parking lights were not round...blah, blah....that year Vette was really boss. To have that 454 in that year was a sure fire torque monster, really fast. I'm sure with your expert "built a little bit" it was even faster.

What on earth happened to your Vette, Charlie? Please enlighten. That year 454 is worth a FORTUNE now. What options did you have one it? Original owner? Papers? Color?

Sad but true: I almost bought a '71 454 convertible years ago, but just couldn't swing the financing. Came so close. (sigh):frown:

Bruce '87 Grand National

What on earth happened to your Vette, Charlie? Please enlighten. That year 454 is worth a FORTUNE now. What options did you have one it? Original owner? Papers? Color?

This is parts I bought for my T Bruce. The disc setup I put on my car will make the wheels stick out to far so I can't use them.:frown:

I've driven many a Vette and the first was a 69 drop top named Gocar. SCCA GT1, full cage, Doug Nash 5 speed torsion tube tranny, with a Rhere and Morrison engine. She dynoed out at 600 RWHP and was fun to drive on the track.:biggrin: The owners wife decided she wanted to drive and 4 engines later (grenaded them) she wrecked it on turn 4 at College Station.:mad: Moved the RF to where the water pump was.:eek: I moved on to FF1600 for a few years and then got out of it.:redface:

Sold the Buicks years ago... kept the screen name and t-shirts ;) Does that count?

My boy Rohit and I in the VW:

Good to see you on here again Shawn! Your boy looks like he's got his left hand on the wheel, his right hand grabbin' gears, and his left foot on the clutch. Startin' 'em young, I see!

bob

<lurk>I'm here!</lurk>

I already warned the wife that simple tricycles are just not in the plans.

Pulling a Britney Spears I see. :)

Are you guys right hand drive over there? What kind of VW?

Lost 25lbs!!!

MAJOR bump.. lol

one last one i found on the computer...

The LAST pic, i busted a tire on the freeway... DOH, my friend was there luckily:eek:

Oh BTW dont make me angry... figured that would stick a thorn in your sides.. lol

Attachments

• 7035702550815_ORIG.jpg
    7035702550815_ORIG.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 271
  • 32120530902_ORIG.jpg
    32120530902_ORIG.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 275
  • n1495664602_30197175_4592843.jpg
    n1495664602_30197175_4592843.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 270
  • 624pxmethodman.jpg
    624pxmethodman.jpg