Lets try this again... 86 Grand National Roller

Closer? You're in GA. That's pretty close. I'm only an hour from the TN border... Come on up and take her home. For the low price of $1200 I'll also throw in the trailer. You don't have to anything buy drive up, hook up and drive home... Easy as pie!

I know someone NEEDS another GN... Come on folks this is a nice solid car and all of the interior is included (besides the carpet) -this means seats, console, plastics, trim, door sills, glove box, dash plate, radio, etc...

Also will include stock radiator and Intercooler and driveshaft and powermaster...

The 16' Gator Made trailer is also available... Just drive up, hook up and drive home... It's got a title, good working electronics, tandem axle... Only used a few times- mostly used for storage duty to keep the roller off the ground.

As always, if anyone has any questions or needs any additional pics, please let me know. This car has to go.

Great project for anyone who has tome extra time and money on their hands. What do you estimate a car like this might be worth once painted decently and a stock motor? Thanks

$1 million dollars (imagine Dr. Evil voice);)

Actually, values these days are really hard to peg. The market is in flux and for the most part simply sucks. Since these cars have not yet attained the "collector car status" that they deserve it is best to enjoy these cars as a fun hobby. If you're looking to make money pic a different car (ie: a yenko or something that has a big collector following)

This is a great project for someone who has patience and can do some of the work themselves... For example you could sand the body yourself- (takes no skill at all just time and patience)- Once the body is sanded, one could just roll it over to a body shop for the prep and paint and save a bundle...

The engine and trans is easy as well. There's plenty of engines for sale right here on the board. All the wiring is intact. All you need to do is drop in your drivetrain and off you go... Pretty easy.

So as to the value, I'd say it's whatever you assign to it. If you buy it and spend time and money in it and then decide to sell you could ask whatever you want. Of course that doesn't mean people will want to pay for it...

I've put around $8k or so into the engine that I took out of this car. Forged everything with girdle, roller cam, ported heads, etc... - No one would want to pay me for what I have into it. Everyone wants everything for free these days... So I figured I'll keep it and drop it into a different project I want to do.

If anyone has any other questions just let me know.

The car is still here. She really has to go. Is no one interested in a good foundation for an authentic 86 GN?:confused:

I've seen other tr's that are for sale here and elsewhere. Some are rollers and some are drivers. Most all in this price range come with complimentary rust issues- mostly in the form of holes in the body panels...

Sure you can buy elsewhere cheaper but what will it cost to fix? Might as well start with a solid foundation and save the aggravation and expense...

Commentary is welcome...;)

The car is still here. She really has to go. Is no one interested in a good foundation for an authentic 86 GN?:confused:

I've seen other tr's that are for sale here and elsewhere. Some are rollers and some are drivers. Most all in this price range come with complimentary rust issues- mostly in the form of holes in the body panels...

Sure you can buy elsewhere cheaper but what will it cost to fix? Might as well start with a solid foundation and save the aggravation and expense...

Commentary is welcome...;)

No doubt this is a great deal. Some surface rust issues, but it can all be taken care of easily. The sooner, the better. Obviously the car has been sitting. The body is great and the sooner some treats everything and gets it painted, the better it will be.

However, the only thing keeping me away, and I'm sure others as well, is the incomplete interior. I'm very mechanically inclined and can just about do anything on a car, but putting together an interior that someone else took apart can be challenging. Who knows if you will get all the parts from you and the nuts, bolts, brackets, etc.?? You said it's very easy to put back together and you can do it in a few hours. I would recommend putting the interior all back together and you might have better luck selling it.

Just my input, thanks, GLWS

Thanks for the input.

I thought I had stated somewhere that I'd put it all back in for a buyer who wanted it all installed.

If this is what you need for you to buy the car, let me know. If you're serious and want to put a deposit on it. I can do one of it three ways, 1) I can install everything as I have it (with no carpet). or 2) You buy and send me a new carpet, I have a different colored one that I can use as a template. I'll cut it and install it and then install the interior... or 3) I buy the carpet and install everything (pass the cost of the carpet on to you. Not too expensive...)

Either way not a big deal... Reason I have not done so at this time is that in the event that the car does not sell, I will have to get it into a shop to have the paintwork done and I really don't want to have to waste time with pulling it all out all over again. Besides, the car is sitting outside while all of the interior pieces are in a climate controlled area (one of my spare bedrooms)

So, if you're serious about the purchase, shoot me a pm or email. We can work something out and I will install the complete interior just for you and have it ready to go before you take delivery.

No doubt this is a great deal...
However, the only thing keeping me away, and I'm sure others as well, is the incomplete interior.

Bigonts: sent you a PM this morning after your post. If this is the only thing keeping you away, I can install the interior for you and make sure it's all there. When will you be coming to pick her up?;)

Another TR ha shown up in my driveway. This GN really needs to go asap! Neighbors aren't too happy about all my cars in the driveway...

Is this car the wrong color?:confused:

Just wondering what the issue is... Shouldn't take this long to sell a decent GN roller.

Anyone?

You just have to be patient and find a guy that is wanting to build a car, or willing to buy it and part it out.

Both of which are a time consuming process.....

Be patient, there is an ass for every seat,:cool:

It's tough to be patient. Have lots of irons in the fire. This car is way too nice to part.

Not really much to build here... I can install the interior. All anyone needs to do is slap in an engine and trans. (Paint can always come later)

I guess I could try ebay. I'm sure it would sell there. Seen lots of junk go for more than I'm asking... Figured I'd give the TB.com folks first crack...