Looking for mid nines

nat86

How difficult do you think it will be to run mid nines on alky with this build . Looking for actual data from people who do run mid nines or know of someone. Not looking to blow multiple head gaskets to achieve this goal my combo right now is set up for e85 but the station here stopped selling. Here is my combo TA stroker motor
Cnc ported aluminum heads
230-230 solid roller camshaft
Ta headers
6870 turbo with precision's new v band exhaust housing
Front mount intercooler
Dual feed fuel rails with Teflon fuel lines
Razor Tronics double Pumper
CK Performance turbo 400 with trans brake
Fast xfi with egt probes

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention my car weighs liked 3600 pounds and elevation is at 2000 feet

How easy you mean. You have a easy 9 sec combo.

Mid 9s at 22 to 24 psi I'm going to guess.

I can't see any ones build on my phone so I go looking up previously posts and I haven't seen a whole lot of stage Motors running mid nines I hope I'm wrong because I would rather go with alky then have to buy e98

Exactly this.

Many 109 blocks with less are doing it. Most are using more boost though.

Exactly this.

Many 109 blocks with less are doing it. Most are using more boost though.
Yes but the 109 guys that I have talked to have blown numerous head gaskets to achieve mid-to-high 9s. I am just curious having a stroker stage 2 how difficult is it going to be to achieve mid 9s on alky. Cal Hartline will be doing the tuning

Again, very easy.. with your setup

Was, now I'm running e85. Will never switch back unless e85 goes away

Yes but the 109 guys that I have talked to have blown numerous head gaskets to achieve mid-to-high 9s. I am just curious having a stroker stage 2 how difficult is it going to be to achieve mid 9s on alky. Cal Hartline will be doing the tuning

My pass below in my signature, was done with a VERY CONSERVATIVE complete street tune. The only thing I changed when I arrived at the track that day was air pressure in tires.

When I left the track, I aired them back up. It's been 2 years since then, and I still use this general tune for every day driving.

You should be able to do it just about the same way. I'm sure Cal will get your tune there safely and easily.

How difficult do you think it will be to run mid nines on alky with this build . Looking for actual data from people who do run mid nines or know of someone.
the tune is a major part of any build and will determine if/ how you get there.getting the car to leave hard is another key to chopping down the et.

Not looking to blow multiple head gaskets to achieve this goal my combo right now is set up for e85 but the station here stopped selling. Here is my combo TA stroker motor
regardless of the fuel breaking parts is just part of going fast,this stuff all breaks or needs attention in some form

I am just curious having a stroker stage 2 how difficult is it going to be to achieve mid 9s on alky.
I think you will find its not as easy as people think.you will need plenty seat time as the car will not just roll out to a 9.40-9.5 pass.not to mention shaking the bugs out of the whole car.im not saying it cant be done and im not trying to discourage in any way.

I know of 2 specific cars in my area that are solid 9 second cars. Not flea weights either. One is a 109 stroked block the other a Stage. Both are built with the right supporting parts and full safety equipment to run in the 9s. Both run 93 plus alky. Both run the FAST system. One previously ran 9s on a chip. One is tuned by Cal. The other by Bison I believe. The tunes are not on the edge. Boost in the low 20s. Both have much more left for max. These cars are very reliable, one is street driven thousands of miles a year. Both taken to the track. From what you saying you have, you should have NO problem running 9s with all the supporting parts and safety equipment. Bottom line for not blowing head gaskets is tune and no system failures regardless if on race gas, E85 or alky injection. Cal tuning it will be a giant step in the right direction. Even the best built engine can be taken down by a system failure at that performance level.

I know of 2 specific cars in my area that are solid 9 second cars. Not flea weights either. One is a 109 stroked block the other a Stage. Both are built with the right supporting parts and full safety equipment to run in the 9s. Both run 93 plus alky. Both run the FAST system. One previously ran 9s on a chip. One is tuned by Cal. The other by Bison I believe. The tunes are not on the edge. Boost in the low 20s. Both have much more left for max. These cars are very reliable, one is street driven thousands of miles a year. Both taken to the track. From what you saying you have, you should have NO problem running 9s with all the supporting parts and safety equipment. Bottom line for not blowing head gaskets is tune and no system failures regardless if on race gas, E85 or alky injection. Cal tuning it will be a giant step in the right direction. Even the best built engine can be taken down by a system failure at that performance level.
The stage motor your talking about was this at sea level

My pass below in my signature, was done with a VERY CONSERVATIVE complete street tune. The only thing I changed when I arrived at the track that day was air pressure in tires.

When I left the track, I aired them back up. It's been 2 years since then, and I still use this general tune for every day driving.

You should be able to do it just about the same way. I'm sure Cal will get your tune there safely and easily.
I can't see any ones signature on my phone which really sucks

Was, now I'm running e85. Will never switch back unless e85 goes away

Yeah I was bummed when the only gas station in town stopped selling it