Looking for mid nines

at 3600lbs your going to need over 750+rwhp to go mid 9s well over 800 at the crank,more with higher elevation.boost is just a number.
I guess it's time for me to start losing weight [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I guess it's time for me to start losing weight
emoji16.png
just turn it up;)

Wallace racing has a calculator for elevation. Looks like you'll lose about 50hp which you should be able to make up with higher boost.

Wallace racing has a calculator for elevation. Looks like you'll lose about 50hp which you should be able to make up with higher boost.
Thanks Pronto .picking up a alky control set up today

I guess it's time for me to start losing weight [emoji16]

My car weighed 3535 lbs with me in it. Brian Cotton (my buddy who drove it) weighs about 25 lbs more than I do. This put the car at a race weight of about 3560 lbs.

With low boost, low timing, and a high 1.5 60 foot time, the car ran a 9.67 @ 145.31.

At a higher elevation, you may need 2 lbs of boost more than you normally would need at sea level. But I don't believe it should be a problem.

It seems you have everything you need. But like anything else with these cars, it's a process.

To share my very limited experience with my car only. I like to think that I just went to the track and ran the number smooth as butter. And that day we did! But, I had the parts in place to do it for years earlier. I just never had everything really debugged and worked out. Even that day, the tires were 3 years old and dried out. The launches sucked, there was no 2 step installed yet, and I wanted to keep it mild for the 200 mile drive back home.

If your tune is set up for a 9 second pass on E-85 already, it shouldn't be too hard to first convert it over to 93 octane fueling and timing. Then do the VE reduction for fuel replacement for the alky. Then do the individual injector corrections if even distribution needs to be addressed. Then through the alky timing in at the areas where it comes into the map. The more you can get it close on the street, the less time you will waste at the track.

Drive it! It's the only way to find and work out the bugs before they surprise you.

I think around 28# boost. A friend also has a 274 stage 2 very similar to Roberts with 71gtq 4 bolt. Has alky, but hasn't leaned on the alky much. Race gas and 23-24# went9.54@145with very easy 1.6 60ft. Went 117.5 mph in the 1/8.

I know of 2 specific cars in my area that are solid 9 second cars. Not flea weights either. One is a 109 stroked block the other a Stage. Both are built with the right supporting parts and full safety equipment to run in the 9s. Both run 93 plus alky. Both run the FAST system. One previously ran 9s on a chip. One is tuned by Cal. The other by Bison I believe. The tunes are not on the edge. Boost in the low 20s. Both have much more left for max. These cars are very reliable, one is street driven thousands of miles a year. Both taken to the track. From what you saying you have, you should have NO problem running 9s with all the supporting parts and safety equipment. Bottom line for not blowing head gaskets is tune and no system failures regardless if on race gas, E85 or alky injection. Cal tuning it will be a giant step in the right direction. Even the best built engine can be taken down by a system failure at that performance level.
It was about 3800lbs with a stock location intercooler. He's looking to drop a few tenths with a front mount and more boost.

My experience at elevation (Bandimere -> Bradenton), I could trap about the same with the same boost (hair faster at sea level) but took a lot longer to spool up at altitude.

Yes, the intercooler is all installed. I believe the race n/l trans is back in too.
It was about 3800lbs with a stock location intercooler. He's looking to drop a few tenths with a front mount and more boost.

Just want to say thanks guys for all your input

My experience at elevation (Bandimere -> Bradenton), I could trap about the same with the same boost (hair faster at sea level) but took a lot longer to spool up at altitude.
I've seen the same though it's only been 2000-3000" vs sea level comparison. It doesn't really matter much unless you are close to all in with the turbo. If all in the air can make quite a bit of difference. Tune spot on for both. 330' time better at the sea level track.

Ok this is what I'm doing Cal is going to tune my car on the Dyno. He is going to do 2 tunes. 1 for alky on 93 not sure on boost maybe a little input from my fellow Buick friends on that.2 e85 again a little input from my fellow Buick friends on that .wonder what the difference is going to be if based on the same boost level and it's actually not E85 it's e98 my friend is a vendor who has the dyno he wants to see the difference on my car and my car is already set up for E85 .but regardless I'm pretty sure 99 percent of the time I will be doing alky

Picked up my Alky kit today dual nozzle pressure sensor for the pump for xfi

To get mid 9s your not going to need to turn it up to high. Talk to cal and he will dial you into 9sec power. You guys can see what it's making on the dyno and determine when you want to stop. You can go to 30 psi on both setups but is it needed for your setup. No imop..

I have been going through a lot of Robert Wilson posts and I'm fascinated with how heavy his car is and how extremely fast it is on pump gas and alky way to go Robert Wilson! !

I've seen no mention as to what is done in the suspension end of things.....
HandR upper and lower control arms adjustable ,ta girdle, a big ol fat rear sway bar , Moser axles an Eaton posi C clip eliminators air bags under Springs and some other stuff from H&R like polyurethane bushings . Mickey Thompson 28 inch tall soft wall slicks 10 wide. when I raced before with my 109 Stroker I ran Med tens 60 foot times were in the 1.48 range