Los Angeles Invasion 2010 May 29-31

That pic of the GN with the purple window tint has to be Tim... aint no one I know got no purple window tint but him:biggrin::biggrin:

Tim, DonWG can squeeze out every micron of power outta that car..pay up:p

Well I thunk I made some progress too.:redface:
Started off with a 12.018 and finished with an 11.629.

If we coulda gotten boost to go higher than 22 lbs I'm confident I would have been breaching under 11.5's by the end of the day. Nasty exhaust leak put the kabosh on that.

My first run was a throw away…since I was only after data to verify my tune, I didn’t launch hard and I let out at the 8th (7.60) and coasted through the lights at a 13.36.

Then on another run later in the day, they lined me up with some 9 second monster 68 Camaro.
When that guy launched with his wheels up in the air, it scared the stew out of me so I over-boosted at launch and broke loose….I ended up with a 12.348at 114.16mph to his 9.24 at 147.91mph J …my only loss for the day…. I'll get him next time:D

Attached are my four, 11 second time slips for the day.

You did great 11.60's....@ 22psi Nice Job

You should have a lot more in there, just watch that knock as you increase boost. Sometimes I use a little 112 to help. The only bad part is you may have to change your 02 sensor after 5 or 6 races.

The front tires ain't helping much..those look heavy. Some skinny's and a Lightweight Weld Wheel would really help you out. 40 psi in front.

Have you removed the front sway bar? That thing weighs a ton. It's very easy to put back on if you want it for the street.

Make sure you only have a few gallons in there. gas is 8 pounds per gallon.
I even remove my floor mats...every little thing adds up.

You prolly know all this.....Just trying to help.:)

Glad to see you made it to the track...Are the streets safe now...LOL

Just so there's a clear understanding, I defaulted by losing a clutch, Chicken is the winner, His Buick was just too much for the vette. My shake down pass of 11.70 125.00 mph was no match for his 11.63 115.00. I thought I had a chance when my car was able to run a 7.30 @ 98.00 at Irwindale. But alas I came up short. My career is over my car is going back to stock.

Great.

Just so there's a clear understanding, I defaulted by losing a clutch, Chicken is the winner, His Buick was just too much for the vette. My shake down pass of 11.70 125.00 mph was no match for his 11.63 115.00. I thought I had a chance when my car was able to run a 7.30 @ 98.00 at Irwindale. But alas I came up short. My career is over my car is going back to stock.

Now, you can finally focus on modding the crap out of that Porch for the rematch.:D

"THE CLUCKY IN FONTUCKY II"...

I think i'll just go ahead and give myself a "SHUT UP STUPID"!:eek:

Mike B.

Now, you can finally focus on modding the crap out of that Porch for the rematch.:D

Mike B.
Yes please give yourself that & save me some key strokes,

Mike B.
Hey Mike B, What wrong with fontana it's doesn't smell no more like 20 years ago I think you mean FONTANA NOT FONTUCKY:mad:

nice mph lou!

Lou
125mph? no wonder that clutch gave up!!!

Andrew

I HAD A GREAT TIME EVEN IF I DID BREAK. ITS ALL PART OF RACING. JUST TO SET THE STORY STRAIGHT, HERE IT IS

6.38 @ 107 ON MY SECOND PASS AT IRWINDALE

I BLEW THE HEAD GASKET ON THURSDAY AT IRWINDALE ON MY THIRD RUN BECAUSE THE SPARK PLUGS FAILED ON PISTON 1 AND 3. THE PORCELAN BROKE AND COVERED THE ELECTRODE WHICH SCREWED UP THE SPARK. I WAS TESTING A NEW SET OF SPARK PLUGS (IRIDIUM) AND WILL NOW PAY THE PRICE OF TRIAL AND ERROR.
SO I SPENT ALL SATURDAY CHANGING THE HEAD GASKET AND HOPING I COULD MAKE IT TO FONTANA. I KNEW THERE WAS A CHANCE THAT THE PISTONS WERE HURT BUT HAD NO TIME TO DISASSEMBLE THE WHOLE ENGINE
SO I TOOK A CHANCE.

ANYWAYS CHECKED COMPRESSION TODAY ALL ARE GOOD EXCEPT FOR NUMBER 3 IT DEAD:mad:

THE GAME PLAN IS TO TAKE APPART THE WHOLE ENGINE AND CHECK IT OUT.
HOPEFULLY THE BORE IS STILL GOOD IF NOT DUTTWEILER IS GOING TO GET A LITTLE VISIT FOR SOME MACHINE WORK.

ANOTHER VISIT TO CP PISTONS WILL TAKE CARE OF THE PISTONS.

IM NOT MAD OR BOTHERED ITS ALL PART OF RACING. I HAVE WORKED ON A TON OF BUICKS AND THE FASTER THEY GET THE MORE WORK THEY REQUIRE.
ITS NOT EASY TO GO FAST. BUT I AM PROUD OF BUILDING AND RACING MY OWN CAR.

SORRY SOME OF YOU WERE DISSAPOINTED, IF YOU WANT A SHOW GO TO THE CIRCUS. SOME OF US ARE HARDCORE HOT RODDERS/RACERS AND WOULD NOT MISS BUICK RACING OR SEEING ALL THE GOOD OL BUICK GUYS.

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT FROM ALL THE GUYS THAT UNDERSTAND WHAT RACING IS ALL ABOUT.

AND LOU I UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE CLUTCH, MY BONE STOCK Z06 60 FOOTS LIKE CRAP. CORVETTES ARE NOT DRAG CARS BUT ROAD RACERS AND TOP SPEED CARS. I HIT ABOUT 140 EVERY OTHER DAY ON THE WAY TO WORK. THEY ARE A BLAST TO DRIVE. I STILL DONT HAVE THE BALLS TO TAKE IT UP TO THE 198MPH CLAIMED BY GM.

THANKS RALPH TO YOU AND YOUR BROTHERS FOR THE BBQ. YOU GUYS ARE FUN TO CHILL WITH.

HOPE TO SEE EVERYBODY AT THE NEXT EVENT.

I didn't want to talk to the black vette guy he looked like he was a tool, he did have his eyes locked on you though it was funny!

worth the 60 any day huh tim?

Since they had to clean up car parts, I went ahead and got out of my seat in the staging lane and went back to talk to the dude in the black Vette. Told him not to take my back window personally...it was for a couple other Vette's i was supposed to race that day.
He laughed and said, "I think I have you covered....this is a 750HP twin turbo'd special...customers car...out here shaking it down for him."

Later I saw them pushing that Vette back to the pits...evidently it was "Come out and break your Vette day.":D

My other friend in the black '02 Z06 bailed out after he saw me run my 11.949against my buddy in the 67 Camaro. He didn't even stick around until I got back to the pits. His best ET in the AM was a 12.86 so he knew he was whooped and left. He had to get his 3 year old back home so I cut him some slack for bailing.

That pic of the GN with the purple window tint has to be Tim... aint no one I know got no purple window tint but him:biggrin:
Tim, DonWG can squeeze out every micron of power outta that car..pay up:p

Yup...that purple tint is good for a 10th or two ;)
Jesse (2URBOV6) keeps trying to talk me into redoing it, but I don't want to go slower, I want to go faster!:D
I need a deeper purple if nothing else:biggrin:

You did great 11.60's....@ 22psi Nice Job

You should have a lot more in there, just watch that knock as you increase boost. Sometimes I use a little 112 to help. The only bad part is you may have to change your 02 sensor after 5 or 6 races.

The front tires ain't helping much..those look heavy. Some skinny's and a Lightweight Weld Wheel would really help you out. 40 psi in front.

Have you removed the front sway bar? That thing weighs a ton. It's very easy to put back on if you want it for the street.

Make sure you only have a few gallons in there. gas is 8 pounds per gallon.
I even remove my floor mats...every little thing adds up.

You prolly know all this.....Just trying to help.:)

Glad to see you made it to the track...Are the streets safe now...LOL

Thanks. I appreciate any and all advice.
I did have the front sway bar out. I also borrowed Spoolfool2's 26" tall tires and 90/10 front shocks. We instal S-10 wheel cylinders in the back but stuck wiht standard pads.

I had about 3/4 tank full and 50% of it was 100 octane. There wss no real knock to be seen in any of my runs.

Spoolfool2 was helping me with interpreting and understanding my DirectScan data and making the tweaks needed. We pulled enough furl to keep my in the 790's and also added a couple deg of timing in 1 n' 2 and a degree in 3 n 4. felt real strong.

Some of the guys wanted me to open the exhaust dump, and I appreciated their advice... but I left it shut since I didn't want to start all over again on fuel....also kinda wanted to know what she'd do through the mufflers.

Thanks Lou.
I appreciate the concession.
I was pretty bummed that your Z06 got damaged during the fun. Woulda been great if we got lined up and both got down the track with a clean run.

Mike B.

Haaaaaaallllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!:biggrin:

Good post, Louis.
That's a beautiful car you've put together. I'm looking forward to watching it run some day soon.

I saw you at Irwindale a few weeks back when I was there trying to figure out how to drive on the track:biggrin:

I pulled into my pit just as you were leaving yours....still had my helmet on so I wasn't sure if you recognized me.

EVIL87 if 1&3 are leaning out and burning the spark plugs then it a fuel problem. 1&3 are the last two cyl on the fuel rail. I was having the same problem. :redface:

I HAD A GREAT TIME EVEN IF I DID BREAK. ITS ALL PART OF RACING. JUST TO SET THE STORY STRAIGHT, HERE IT IS

I BLEW THE HEAD GASKET ON THURSDAY AT IRWINDALE ON MY THIRD RUN BECAUSE THE SPARK PLUGS FAILED ON PISTON 1 AND 3. THE PORCELAN BROKE AND COVERED THE ELECTRODE WHICH SCREWED UP THE SPARK. I WAS TESTING A NEW SET OF SPARK PLUGS (IRIDIUM) AND WILL NOW PAY THE PRICE OF TRIAL AND ERROR.
SO I SPENT ALL SATURDAY CHANGING THE HEAD GASKET AND HOPING I COULD MAKE IT TO FONTANA. I KNEW THERE WAS A CHANCE THAT THE PISTONS WERE HURT BUT HAD NO TIME TO DISASSEMBLE THE WHOLE ENGINE
SO I TOOK A CHANCE.

HOPEFULLY THE BORE IS STILL GOOD IF NOT DUTTWEILER IS GOING TO GET A LITTLE VISIT FOR SOME MACHINE WORK.

IM NOT MAD OR BOTHERED ITS ALL PART OF RACING. I HAVE WORKED ON A TON OF BUICKS AND THE FASTER THEY GET THE MORE WORK THEY REQUIRE.

SORRY SOME OF YOU WERE DISSAPOINTED, IF YOU WANT A SHOW GO TO THE CIRCUS. SOME OF US ARE HARDCORE HOT RODDERS/RACERS AND WOULD NOT MISS BUICK RACING OR SEEING ALL THE GOOD OL BUICK GUYS.

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT FROM ALL THE GUYS THAT UNDERSTAND WHAT RACING IS ALL ABOUT.

AND LOU I UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE CLUTCH, MY BONE STOCK Z06 60 FOOTS LIKE CRAP. CORVETTES ARE NOT DRAG CARS BUT ROAD RACERS AND TOP SPEED CARS. I HIT ABOUT 140 EVERY OTHER DAY ON THE WAY TO WORK. THEY ARE A BLAST TO DRIVE. I STILL DONT HAVE THE BALLS TO TAKE IT UP TO THE 198MPH CLAIMED BY GM.

THANKS RALPH TO YOU AND YOUR BROTHERS FOR THE BBQ. YOU GUYS ARE FUN TO CHILL WITH.

Louis it was good to meet you & sorry about your misfortune. I'm not a big fan of any fancy spark plugs in these Buicks There is a lot of hell going on inside those Cly's under boost & have yet to see any of those types of plugs survive. I have found out for myself that the Z06 doesn't take kindly to hard launch's I had enough H.P to take care of the chicken but didn't want to wind up calling AAA to get it towed home & wasn't worth it to me so I'll just take the ridiculing for now. I don't care.

I don't see why people are upset because you guys didn't race. With a fading clutch it wouldn't run right anyway, and then probably have to trailered home.

Like my car, a buddy recently asked, "Do you really want it to hook up?"
When I think of what might break loose instead of the tires I figure I'll just live with it the way it is.

Darn!

Luis
I was hoping to see a good 9 sec pass from you, sorry for your misfortune.
I think your car is one of the best looking cars around, and the fact that you do it all your self is very admirable !!
stick with it, if it was eazy, Harold would do it! LOL :tongue:

SO I TOOK A CHANCE.