Los Angeles Invasion 2010 May 29-31

Harold looks like the chicken is calling you out. Let me do him first & you can have the left overs.

Papa Lou....my biggest worry is getting schooled by you off the line.:D
I'll be coming to the track with no track experience whatsoever, so I'm relying on my naturally quick and cat like reflexes and doing my best to cut a good light and 60.

If I get a good launch...I think we'll be pretty even assuming you haven't done anything other than the headers and tune you mentioned before.
Any other mods?

How, 'bout you bring that turbo VW out too....I'd like a shot at that one too.
:biggrin:

Papa Lou....my biggest worry is getting schooled by you off the line.:D
I'll be coming to the track with no track experience whatsoever, so I'm relying on my naturally quick and cat like reflexes and doing my best to cut a good light and 60.

If I get a good launch...I think we'll be pretty even assuming you haven't done anything other than the headers and tune you mentioned before.
Any other mods?

How, 'bout you bring that turbo VW out too....I'd like a shot at that one too.

"old age and treachery will always overcome youth and ambition"

That's his quote. Do you really think he is going in with headers? That old timer is a trickster!

"old age and treachery will always overcome youth and ambition"

That's his quote. Do you really think he is going in with headers? That old timer is a trickster!

I'm actually fully expecting him to show up with twin turbo's on that LS7....:eek:
He already knows what I got...so no surprises here...

It'll be fun none the less.
How many Turbo Buick fans can say they went head to head with a legend at the track?:D
I should get a special sticker when it's all over!:)
Someone better be there video taping this event!!!

I'm actually fully expecting him to show up with twin turbo's on that LS7....:eek:
He already knows what I got...so no surprises here...

It'll be fun none the less.
How many Turbo Buick fans can say they went head to head with a legend at the track?:D
I should get a special sticker when it's all over!:)
Someone better be there video taping this event!!!
Chicken when I'm done with you never again will you disrespect another Z06 in the kill section. I'm going to boil your eggs. Love, your father

I hope you have drag radials lou. You know the goodyears suck a**. But even with drag radials the stock hyd. Clutch line wont let you launch past 3500. Z06's usually have a soft launch but he better run like hell when you start to mile an hour.

I hope you have drag radials lou. You know the goodyears suck a**. But even with drag radials the stock hyd. Clutch line wont let you launch past 3500. Z06's usually have a soft launch but he better run like hell when you start to mile an hour.
Yes I have DR's & launching any stick shift car is tricky. The car is useless with the run flats thats why chicken is laying waste to Z06's on the street. He will not find such easy pickings on a level playing field.

I plan on running down the track like a Chicken with its head cut off....that's my plan...pure and simple...
Have you ever seen a Chicken run around with its head cut off?
They're pretty hard to catch.

I plan on running down the track like a Chicken with its head cut off....that's my plan...pure and simple...
Have you ever seen a Chicken run around with its head cut off?
They're pretty hard to catch.

Wrong track, need to move over to the road coarse. :)

What!

Listen Pelon, when you get your rust bucket go 10's then come back and talk $hit, but for now you be lucky to break in the 11's if that. :biggrin:

You don't think that the legendary, Chicken sled is 11s capable?:eek::D
Since your "giving" out hundred doller bills to Ralph, I'll give you two to one odds that the Chicken sled will go elevens. If you put up a hundred bucks, I'll give you the chance to win two hundred.

Deal?

Or, are you chicken?;)

Mike Barnard

I've got a few ET grudge matches set-up now.
1) Papa Lou's Z06
2) My buddy Chuck in his 69 Camaro...he's gone 11.49 on the bottle and that was before he traded up for some AFR heads and a higher flowing intake....but he normally was in the high 11's.
3) My buddy, Bernie in his 67 Camaro. He might install spray just for me...:biggrin:
4) Another buddy named Dillon in his bone stock '02 Z06. He thinks his'll do 11.7's because he read about one doing it on the internet....poor guy is in for a rude awakening.
5) Hoping to get Harold to bet up some courage and bring out that Supra. I've never raced a Supra so this'd be a fun one to start with:biggrin:
6) Another buddy named Paul might come out in his high 11 (on the bottle) 73 Camaro...but he's iffy.

Gonna be a fun day grudging it out head-to-head for best ET's. I hope I don't bust a McNugget.:biggrin:

You don't think that the legendary, Chicken sled is 11s capable?:eek::D
Since your "giving" out hundred doller bills to Ralph, I'll give you two to one odds that the Chicken sled will go elevens. If you put up a hundred bucks, I'll give you the chance to win two hundred.

Deal?

Or, are you chicken?;)

Mike Barnard

I have no doubt he will go 11's but not low 11's and he is very far from 10's, you and I know how hard it is to get there and the chicken has not broken enough parts to get there yet, I say he will hit 11.60 and needs a hella of a good sixty foot to get there, Lou is going to beat him, i have no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Hey Mike if you want I can bring out my buddies 750rwhp single turbo Supra with a turbo 400 trannie behind the motor and I"ll race with it, dont worry it only sixty foots low 1.4's at 15psi launch with the 76dual BB. ;)

I have no doubt he will go 11's but not low 11's and he is very far from 10's, you and I know how hard it is to get there and the chicken has not broken enough parts to get there yet, I say he will hit 11.60 and needs a hella of a good sixty foot to get there, Lou is going to beat him, i have no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Hey Mike if you want I can bring out my buddies 750rwhp single turbo Supra with a turbo 400 trannie behind the motor and I"ll race with it, dont worry it only sixty foots low 1.4's at 15psi launch with the 76dual BB. ;)

Geez Harold...that was easy...a little cash on the line and now you're changing your tune...

I never implied that I thought I'd go low 11's....just well into the 11's and in your previous comment you said I wouldn't even get into the 11's.
Now that someone asks you to put some skin in the game...you got me doing 11.6's...do I get faster just because you don't wanna back up your own smack?:biggrin:
Wassup wit dat?

Just sayin...at least I'm wiling to take a rooky crack at a slightly modded LS7 Z06 that's already shown with a skilled driver behind the wheel and through some good 1/8 mile times that it should be able to get into the 11.60's.
Most would probably agree that I'll have to bust my hump to get that on my first time to the track.

....and why donchya bring out your own Supra?:confused:
Is it running?:p

Dang....I'll even run against INLINE4 (the guy who forced the sale of your beautiful GN) if he wants to go...
He'll definitely blow my doors off, but I'd still have fun watching it happen from the other lane....aint no shame in losing to a faster car...

I'm the meanchicken....you're just chikeeeeeeeen....:D