Lost compression at drag strip

i couldnt tell if it was oil or water. i have looked in the radiator & it seemed to be ok & nothing on the dipstick either but i havent drained the oil yet. i drove it home an hour from the track & it never crossed 180 without the fan, & i didnt smell antifreez either. but both of my breathers were oil soaked & some on the valve cover as well. The coolant wasnt low in the radiator either.

Lick the spark plug is it's still wet. You'll know if it's oil within milliseconds.

It'll tell you if you have oil or water in your combustion chamber. Water most likely means a leaky headgasket. Oil means you're in much more trouble.

Well im gonna start by pulling the head & see whats going on in there. If the gasket is ok i guess the motor is coming out! Why would my nice auto meter pro comp boost gauge start to quiver above around 22 or 23 lbs & it keeps me from being able to read my boost accurately! Anyone have any suggestions on this issue??

Well im gonna start by pulling the head & see whats going on in there. If the gasket is ok i guess the motor is coming out! Why would my nice auto meter pro comp boost gauge start to quiver above around 22 or 23 lbs & it keeps me from being able to read my boost accurately! Anyone have any suggestions on this issue??

The w/g bouncing, engine misfire, turbo over speed.
I don't see a list of what mods are on the car, so??

The wastegate is a gn1 performance 46mm external gate w/ boost control. Turbo is precision but dunno what size. Fairly new plugs, msd wires, stock coil pack, no vaccum leaks that i know of!

buickGN3:16 said:
mainly on the top end, high end of 3rd gear & i shift to 4th just shy of the end of the run. Didnt see any spark retard but do u know if theres a way to go into the scanmasters memory & check for that info??
don't race in over drive. Especially if not tuned for it. Motor is more sensitive the higher gear you go. More tolorant in first and second can get away with more boost and timing if fueled correctly. It also slows your time down

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Turbo Buick

i started shifting to 4th just shy of the end of the 1/4 mile because it picked my time up about a tenth & a 1/2 or so. But i have to launch in drive only about 3 or 4lbs of boost & let it shift on its own.

I would look into a 28 inch tall tire instead of overdrive.

275/60-15's they are 28 tall you will gain some mph.

Sounds like a good idea for my next set of drag radials.. I need some help with my 60' for sure.

Does all the accesories have to come off the front of the motor in order to get the intake off? Alternator, ac, water pump, ect

No. The intake cam come off in one big chunk. Fuel lines, coil pack, couple of hoses and a few wires, then lift it off.

Clean as much gunk as you can off of the nooks and crannies to minimize the amount of crud falling into the engine.

Got the intake off, ya'll were right, piece of the head gasket was sticking out right at the down cylinder area! Almost wrapped around the push rod too!

Those VR stock gaskets hang on for deal life....

....but when they blow, they blow bigtime!