race weight about 3400 lbs

109 block
Girdled
Stock crank
Stock Rods
TRW forged .030 over pistons
Comp 212/212 flat tappet
stock rockers
Home ported heads (with homemade flowbench used to guide changes, approx. 190 cfm intake flow)
.060 Cometic gaskets
~8:1 compression
home ported intake manifold
Stock headers
TE-45a
3" THDP
Hooker 2.5" dual exhaust
Powerstroke I.C.
Twin M15 nozzle alcohol injection
72 lb/hr injectors
MAF genII translator with WB correction
Hofer Trans with CPT (the real art carr) 9/11 3600 stall converter
Sniper nitrous system on window switch only to spool the turbo
28x10.5 ET Drags
Boost is at 24 lbs right now

Oh, and a ZEN BOV, probably the only BOV made in the USA :D

It feels ridiculously strong. I really can't use the power on the street with my 275/50 15 MT drag radials. I'm not using the nitrous either. I'm blazing them down from 45 mph rolls.
I went out and tore up some road with my buddy and his APS TT Z28 running 13-14 lbs (? pretty sure that's what he said) of boost. It was a pedal fest for both of us. The only decent launch we had I felt I pulled on him but it could have just been the holeshot. I'm interested in seeing how things play out at the track. I think I have him covered, he thinks otherwise. We'll see.

Any ET/ trap predictions? Victory predictions?

here's a pic of 1000 plus hp in one spot hehe :D
DSC00335.jpg

Oh and I forgot to add that everything was measured, modded, and built in my garage by myself. It's the first bottom end I've ever assembled. I also fabbed up my own intercooler pipes. So I picked up welding too, even though I'm still terrible at it.

should be good for some 10 sec passes no doubt. my combo is similar to yours,mine won't 60 ft converter it to tight,its a 3000 lu. went 12.18@121 mph on 20lbs boost with a terrible 2.3 60 ft. should be low 11 or high 10 with a good 1.5 60ft

I won't predict a timeslip but just want to comment mid-twenties boost with a 45a on the street feels wonderfully nasty, doesn't it. :D

Thanks for the replies, the 45a and this combo sure feels strong. I can't wait to see what it will do.

Pablo, I think with you tuning abilities and current combo you'll will see mid
10's pretty easily, traction limited though until you get that suspenion diled in. Put the MT ET Drags Slicks on and go.... That Camaro won't have a chance from a dig:wink:

When do you plan on taking it to the track?

I'll see you in 3-4 months, my junk will be diled in when I get back to CA.

You be able to crack off mid 10's if the tune is good. Id use 275/60 tires or slicks. I was able to flat foot mine in first if i added 100lbs ballast to the trunk when i was running 33 psi on the same combo that went 10.29/134 at 28.5psi. I logged over 1g in 1st at around 30mph on the street.

You be able to crack off mid 10's if the tune is good. Id use 275/60 tires or slicks. I was able to flat foot mine in first if i added 100lbs ballast to the trunk when i was running 33 psi on the same combo that went 10.29/134 at 28.5psi. I logged over 1g in 1st at around 30mph on the street.

Wow that's pretty good traction for 100 lbs of ballast.
I am moving my battery and alcohol system to the trunk so perhaps that will achieve similar results. I already have a nitrous bottle back there. I'll keep extra ballast in consideration.

I will be using my 28x10.5 slicks. The street tires are 275/50 mt DRs.

I'll probably creep up on higher boost levels as I get more daring. It would be a real blast if I could push this thing into a 9.99 or better

Pablo, I think with you tuning abilities and current combo you'll will see mid
10's pretty easily, traction limited though until you get that suspenion diled in. Put the MT ET Drags Slicks on and go.... That Camaro won't have a chance from a dig:wink:

When do you plan on taking it to the track?

I'll see you in 3-4 months, my junk will be diled in when I get back to CA.

Ray, you gotta hurry back over here. I need another turbo buick to race with.

I'll try and make it to the track next weekend if it is open. I just have so many more little tweaks that I want to do beforehand.

Ray, you gotta hurry back over here. I need another turbo buick to race with.

I'll try and make it to the track next weekend if it is open. I just have so many more little tweaks that I want to do beforehand.

I'm trying man, counting the days...believe me!:smile: Let us know how you do at the track. Just be patient on the tuning:wink:

Oh and I forgot to add that everything was measured, modded, and built in my garage by myself. It's the first bottom end I've ever assembled. I also fabbed up my own intercooler pipes. So I picked up welding too, even though I'm still terrible at it.

and some people think only "gn experts" can work on these cars:biggrin:congrats sounds like you a nice ride

Good job on the build its always nice to see when people work on there own cars hopefully ill run into when i go visit my family out in fallbrook love it out there keep us tune.