main power hook up

dfisher

Hello

just a small question does the main power connect the the battery or does it go to a source that powers up with the key in the on position. got it all hook up and working great. the harness is a old adapter harness and were the best location to put ecu.

thanks.

fast classic. was told it may be a old caspers

Attachments

• harness.jpg
    harness.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 114
thats a precision jump harness
loop leads to the battery .. positive and negative

theres a red power wire that gets tied to the injector harness 12v pink wire ( cut the inj harness side about an inch from connector and connect the side that runs toward the injectors to that red lead , cap off the engine harness side)

splice back your O2 sensor harness wires and connect your 02 sensor about a foot from turbo outlet ...hopefully you have the original serial # matched keyed L1H1 sensor or an any o2 option file to run any L1H1 sensor .

for map you may have green map wire coming off the adapter harness (was a later add and dont see it on yours ) that gets connected to your 3bar map sensor signal wire (pin b at MAP sensor)
. if you dont have a separate map input then the adapter harness is using the MAF signal wire for input and youll need to splice the MAP signal into the MAF signal wire either at the maf connetor , at the ecm connector (pin B6) or at the FAST connector (pin A1), if you have a digital dash youll need to supply 5v nd ground to the map sensor (from tps circuit)..even if you dont have digital dash you should still disconnet the old map 5v power (which comes from the tach boost module) and get it powered from the tps 5v source at the ecm. there was a plug n play harness years ago for DFI that would make this easier ..caspers may still have some and razor alky now includes an underhood plug n play harness for the map sensor connection that plugs right into the tps and has a feed out wire that you could run to the maf input

youll also need a com cable from that 3 wire weatherpack com port connector to a DB9 serial plug and if using a newer laptop youll need a prolific (manhattan) usb-9 serial adapter cable

Last edited:
Thanks.

i do have the comm cable and a usb adapter and its up and running what a difference lot of issues i was having are all gone. yea
strangest of all is my cold start knock is gone maybe the old chip was way off. it was lean but not any more car sounds better no off idle stumble.
i was worried about the change but now i'm very happy.
i did get the map signal through the mass air wire.

thanks.