MAP Green wire voltage (6.6V help)

tallor

Finished installing the alkycontol kit today.

spliced into the green wire behind the glove box. I am getting 6.6 volts with the key on engine off. Analog 140 mph dash. With key on and also with the engine on the red LED light is on and the digital boost dash gauge is completely lit up. Turning down the alky control knob also reduces the digital boost lights.

It appears that I have an excess of 5 volts. Why ?? It should be 1.6V??

Any insight would be much appreciated.

check the connection again you want to tap into the green wire at outside edge of connector

55685d1220551603-3-bar-map-digital-dash-clear-dash-connector.jpg

Tapped into the map b green wire as shown above located behind the glove box . It measures 6.6 volts. Hence the reason for the post.

Bad 3 bar MAP?

there should only be 5 volts at the gray wire , if thats at 5 theres no way the map could have 6.6 on the ouput with only 5v input

are you certain the green wire you tapped from the dash connector is run to the pac controller green wire

100% on the green to green connection. I need to check the gray wire voltage. Unfortunately I finished up the alky install and trailered the car to the painter. Need to get over to the painter to do some voltage testing or wait a month until it is finished.

I bet you grabbed the gray wire with 12 volts not the gray wire with 5v on the ecm.

It is impossible to have 5v on gray and have 6.6 on the green.

Not sure I understand. I have not had a chance to test the gray wire. The green was tested after the splice was completed. Test location was at the clear connector behind the glove box.

I have not touched the gray wire. Is it possible to have 12 volts going into the MAP sensor?

Thanks TA