March 4th reminder

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
I just want to remind everyone that there will be a get a catered get together
Sponsored by Bob Lillegard of Alvin's Auto body in Long Beach. Most of you probably haven't heard of him. He owns two Buick's A 10 sec. car & my old TT V/8 regal. I would like to see a good turn out. It takes allot of effort to put one of these events on. Neal & his San Diego mutton molesters are also welcome Harold will provide more details & directions. Regards Lou

turbolou said:
Sponsored by Bob Lillegard of Alvin's Auto body in Long Beach. Most of you probably haven't heard of him. He owns two Buick's A 10 sec. car & my old TT V/8 regal. I would like to see a good turn out. It takes allot of effort to put one of these events on. Neal & his San Diego mutton molesters are also welcome Harold will provide more details & directions. Regards Lou
------------------------------
Thanks, lou, I was just getting ready to post up.

i stopped by there on Friday and said HI to Bob... He's a cool dude.. Looking forward to seeing everyone.. Hope the weather holds out..

Wells said:
------------------------------
Thanks, lou, I was just getting ready to post up.
Yeah Gary I hope that there is a good turn out. Gotta keep this Buick thing going!

Get together

Lou and group, I will try to get there both Richelle and myself and hand out some club stuff and a current Newsletter. Hope to see you all next Sat.

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA
bgnra.org ;)

turbolou said:

You know Lou once again you manage to hurt my feelings, where is my nomination in all this and credit for putting it all together, finding the place and also picking up half the tab for the catering, Now Im hurt because you didn't even mentioned me on your Re-post and i see you are giving all the credit to Bob. damn you LOU!!! :( :mad:

Harolds hurt issue!

wiked87gn said:
You know Lou once again you manage to hurt my feelings, where is my nomination in all this and credit for putting it all together, finding the place and also picking up half the tab for the catering, Now Im hurt because you didn't even mentioned me on your Re-post and i see you are giving all the credit to Bob. damn you LOU!!! :( :mad:
My apologies Harold ! Since I'm wasn't directly involved with the details & felt that the event wasn't being advertised enough & time is running out to get people committed only wish that I was in the position to hold the event like I used to when I had my bigger shop I simply don't have the space. Now how about some details? Little stuff like what time,address & directions? Is this a casual event or do I have to rent a tuxedo? Will there be food & drinks, secured parking? Will there be a tech session? I'm happy to hear that Steve Hurst & Rochelle will attend, So thank you Harold & anyone else that I may have forgotten to give credit to. So now how about an official head count so you know how much food to order & I would also suggest renting some chairs.

Harolds hurt feelings issue!

wiked87gn said:
You know Lou once again you manage to hurt my feelings, where is my nomination in all this and credit for putting it all together, finding the place and also picking up half the tab for the catering, Now I'm hurt because you didn't even mentioned me on your Re-post and i see you are giving all the credit to Bob. damn you LOU!!! :( :mad:
My apologies Harold ! Since I'm wasn't directly involved with the details & felt that the event wasn't being advertised enough & time is running out to get people committed only wish that I was in the position to hold the event like I used to when I had my bigger shop I simply don't have the space. Now how about some details? Little stuff like what time,address & directions? Is this a casual event or do I have to rent a tuxedo? Will there be food & drinks, secured parking? Will there be a tech session? Will any minorities be allowed? So thank you Harold & anyone else that I may have forgotten to give credit to. So now how about an official head count so you know how much food to order & I would also suggest renting some chairs.

wiked87gn said:
------------------------------------------
February 10th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Wells
Moderator Join Date: Mar 2002
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that we really owe a big round of applause and thanks to Kevin for lining up this deal for everybody, and Bob, who I believe owns the auto body shop that is having the barbaque. Anybody that would like to send an e-mail to Kevin and Bob for this, I think that it would be the thing to do. Kevin has an open e-mail addy attached to his sig, and Bob's Phone # is (562) 424-4323. His address is Alvin's Auto Body paint, 3333 Olive Ave, Signal hill, Ca., 90755. I accidently ran into Bob at the Long Beach Auto swap meet/car show Sunday before last and told him what a great thing that we all though that he was doing by allowing us to have a barbaque at his place. I will also send e-mail and call Bob. I think that it is the least that we can do is to show our appreciation to both Kevin and Bob. I can't speak for Bob, but I think that kevin has been encouraged by Lou Czarnota to accept sheep offers. I know that Lou would have had this at his place also, were it big enough, and might have had it anyway if Bob had not stepped up to the plate. My hat's off to both of them. For those of you that are considering paint/bodywork, I saw Bob's car at the show and I have never seen a nicer paint job. Not even the slightest hint of even a cobweb, smear, anything less than perfect.
'98 Honda CBR1100XX, 1.2K miles
Garage prostitutes, to the max

Wells
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Wells
Send email to Wells
Find all posts by Wells
Add Wells to Your Buddy List
----------------------------------------
Sorry, Kevin. I thought that we had that covered.

wiked87gn said:

You're kidding us, right? You meant to put a :D in there instead of the :mad: , right?

as far as head count goes we are hoping for at least 20 to 30 grand nationals a few camaros and few old buicks from the GS club of course that is if wells extended the invitation to them, we have rent out a few chairs for the even but we figure most of us will be lining up for our turn to the sheeps that Lou has gladly provided from his herd my hat down to Lou for steping up to the place and providing such a commodity i heard they are Iowa corn fed and happy just like the california cows and willing to accomodate all of us without any complains.. :D lets make this a good turn out if you own a grand national and have friends who own them please extend the invitation as well, the more the better.

Kevin:
I did extend the invation to Doug Frazure, who presides over the So Cal Gran Sports, and as far as I know he extended it to his club members & Buick friends.

Gary ,are you the one we contact for RSVP?, if so my son and i will be there. Also i was cleaning the garage and came across a burgandy dashmat if you want it its yours.
dale

hybrid85 said:
Gary ,are you the one we contact for RSVP?, if so my son and i will be there. Also i was cleaning the garage and came across a burgandy dashmat if you want it its yours.
dale
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dale:
Probably should contact Bob at:
Bob's Phone # is (562) 424-4323. His address is Alvin's Auto Body paint, 3333 Olive Ave, Signal hill, Ca., 90755.
However, if you are unable to contact him, let me know by E-mail and I will forward the message to him.
I will take the dash mat off of your hands, greatly appreciated.

Its looken like I will be there. Do I need to RSVP to someone Gary? I know 85hot-t was wondering who to RSVP to, just wanted to make sure everything was good to go.

I will call tomorrow and confirm with Bob.

Thanks

Gary are you going to Donuts derelicts that sat morning or no ? :)

petesgn said:
I will call tomorrow and confirm with Bob. Thanks
Gary are you going to Donuts derelicts that sat morning or no ? :)
-----------------------------------------
Hadn't thought about it, but I can, though. I need to get down that way to get some good gas anyway.
Weather permitting, want to plan on that, Pete? I will if you will. We can leave there, I can get gas, and we can hit the barbie a little later.

Wells said:
-----------------------------------------
Hadn't thought about it, but I can, though. I need to get down that way to get some good gas anyway.
Weather permitting, want to plan on that, Pete? I will if you will. We can leave there, I can get gas, and we can hit the barbie a little later.

Count me in for both events . :cool:

graza002 said:
I know 85hot-t was wondering who to RSVP to,

Oops, I just realized that I typed the wrong name....Sorry about that. I should have typedhybrid85 Sorry about that.