modified shifter bracket/ stage right brake

SAturboTA

Does anyone out there know if a modified shifter detent bracket exists for a COLUMN SHIFT car for use with the stage right trans-brake?:confused: :confused:
Any info would be great. The trans -brake was included with the car but was not installed and had no brackets.:frown:

THANKS, PETE

There is no Bracket/Plate For Column Shift Vehicles,
Column Has to be Removed,Disassembled to gain Access to Detents,-Needs
to be Filed with Die Grinder, Not Hard to do -But- Time Consuming, But Defintely Worth it For Confidence/Consistency When Launching.
I Was in the Process of making templates for Column Cars & Detent Gates
For TTA/Camaros Back when I Still Had My Buisness & Sanity Intact,
Still Have some Factory Console Gates Around.
If You or Others Would Like Info On Column Mods-Let Me Know.
Take care of You & Yours, Good Luck With The Pursuit of Perfection.
KLM.

im intrested in gettin a column shift to do this.. as the stage right brake is already installed.. and begging to be used

I have been looking for the answer to this for a long time!!!

Can we get some more details?? I'm kinda thick headed when doing something for the 1st time so if you explain it like you're talking to a 3rd grader that would be AWESOME.

I Can Respect Anyone Whose Not Affraid Of Work.
Do You Need -- Pics of Disassembled Column, If so Please Give Me A Few
Days To Gather Up Necessary Equipment- ie. Camera. I`m Lacking Bad in Computer-Age Skills & Equipment. The Modifications Will Result Like This=
Normal Shifter Operation P-R-N-OD-3-2-1, When Handle is Pulled Toward
You & Down to Low, Transbrake Activated, Palm Forward, Push Handle Forward & Upward Away From You, Shifter Will Stop At -3-. If You Try The Same Motion Right Now, Your Shifter Will Stop At -N-. Do You Understand?
I Hope I`m Explaining it Right, But if You Try it Right Now And See What I`ve
Said And It Makes Sense To You, Cool , There May Be Hope For Me Yet.
KLM :eek: :confused: :smile:

I Can Respect Anyone Whose Not Affraid Of Work.
Do You Need -- Pics of Disassembled Column, If so Please Give Me A Few
Days To Gather Up Necessary Equipment- ie. Camera. I`m Lacking Bad in Computer-Age Skills & Equipment. The Modifications Will Result Like This=
Normal Shifter Operation P-R-N-OD-3-2-1, When Handle is Pulled Toward
You & Down to Low, Transbrake Activated, Palm Forward, Push Handle Forward & Upward Away From You, Shifter Will Stop At -3-. If You Try The Same Motion Right Now, Your Shifter Will Stop At -N-. Do You Understand?
I Hope I`m Explaining it Right, But if You Try it Right Now And See What I`ve
Said And It Makes Sense To You, Cool , There May Be Hope For Me Yet.
KLM :eek: :confused: :smile:

Sorry I should have been more specific...This part I understand, but I've never had a column apart so how you do the modification is the part I would need explained like a 3rd grader :D ...Pictures would be awesome, but I don't want you to go out of your way unless you just feel like it.

Actually, It Would Be My Pleasure, This Would At Least Get One Incompleted
Task Off My Life-List, Especially For Those Of You That Have Learned How To
Benefit From Its Creation, Not Just Piss All Over Something Because Its Different, I`ve Had Reverse Manual Transbrakes in My Past & Whould Never Repeat That History Ever Again. Thank You All.
KLM :smile: :redface: :smile:

Benefit From Its Creation, Not Just Piss All Over Something Because Its Different, I`ve Had Reverse Manual Transbrakes in My Past & Whould Never Repeat That History Ever Again. Thank You All.

(I don`t mean to hijack this thread, but)
Hey, Kevin,
Brian here, I met you up at the shop years ago when you were building stuff for B.A. in Roseville. That was just after you started making the t-brake kits.

Good to see you are around again.
Your brake will have a new generation of followers!:D

Brian

:redface: Thanks Big Guy, Been Awhile, Hope You Are Well - I Hear You Are Doing Some
Real Good Work - Do Your Best - Everyone With a Transmission Will Eventually Have Problems With Them And They Need Your Experience To Solve Them , 200-4R or Otherwise. Tell Everyone Who Might Care I Said HI.
Keep`em Movin "B". KLM.:biggrin: :biggrin:

That is a great attitude...I really appreciate any help you can give us on this matter...I like my bench seat, but I bought the car for racing and have wanted a transbrake all along and I have almost sold the car mostly to get a bucket seat car.

KLM,
I can't wait to dive into the column and do the mods needed, I just wasn't sure if someone had already already designed a modified plate.
I am also going to put this brake in my TTA, is the GN console bracket different? if it is the same i will take one of yours. send shipping info and amount.
I have done 100's of gm column repairs (theft recoveries)and am very familiar with the plate that needs to be modded.
I will see how this goes and maybe I will gather a bunch of stock plates to modify and make available to all the other column shifted brethren out there that want to run this brake.;)

Much Thanks, Pete

any updates. . im ready to do this.. but would like a pic, or template etc..

any help KLM will be greatly aprreciated

KLM,

I will see how this goes and maybe I will gather a bunch of stock plates to modify and make available to all the other column shifted brethren out there that want to run this brake.;)

Much Thanks, Pete

Just FYI you need to be able to shift out of first to use the "button" brake as well so that would be great for many of us...Don't get me wrong I plan on using the manual brake myself cuz I'm a cheap ass.

I`m digging up my old papers & prints tonight, Locating a Usable Column Hope
to have Sat or Mon. Camera is in route-Might be able swing Pics & Instruction
Layout by This time next Week -;) - Everyone understand how its going to function- Pull toward & Down to L1- Then push Up & Away to -3-, If You Try This Right Now -Stock-, You Stop at -N-. I Don`t See Where This Shouldn`t
Work With Electric Brake as Long as The Shift Points Are Correct, If You Guys
Have any Thoughts/Insight on This Project, Think about it ,Then get back to me, Hopefully We Get it Spot-On for The COLUMN-CRACKERS.:biggrin: :biggrin
KLM.

I`m digging up my old papers & prints tonight, Locating a Usable Column Hope
to have Sat or Mon. Camera is in route-Might be able swing Pics & Instruction
Layout by This time next Week -;) - Everyone understand how its going to function- Pull toward & Down to L1- Then push Up & Away to -3-, If You Try This Right Now -Stock-, You Stop at -N-. I Don`t See Where This Shouldn`t
Work With Electric Brake as Long as The Shift Points Are Correct, If You Guys
Have any Thoughts/Insight on This Project, Think about it ,Then get back to me, Hopefully We Get it Spot-On for The COLUMN-CRACKERS.:biggrin: :biggrin
KLM.

got it.... thanks for all your efforts KLM

OK, i sucessfully pulled this off today.. the column has to be torn down all the way to get to the dent.. removed the detent and with a few mins of the dremel .. its done and works bad ass !!! ill post up the pics of this asap..

Column Mods:

Sorry Guys, Ran head on into "The Life Bus" , kinda slow`s a guy`s progress if you know what I Mean. Got Camera, Got some shots, but as I`m going thru these, I`m thinking that the Majority of potential "Column Crackers" may have little to no experience in this area { Column Repair } and the Worry that will ensue, covering step by step process will be most accurate, But maybe doing a down-loadable DVI mabe less confusing and more comforting. I`m hoping you guy`s & gal`s will offer your input. :eek: ;) :cool: , however we do this should meet the needs of those using T-Brakes, StageRight/Electric.
Please leave post or E-Mail. Thanks , Kevin.:biggrin: