Moog 5658 front spring results

Good, I hope they get you where you want it! Yeah duct tape does wonders!!!! HAHA!

Check your alignment you can adjust toe in to get no rubbing, I used 245/35/18 in front I get no rubbing

Good thread, guys! I'll check back often. I also am running the AFX spindle with a global west offset UCA, dela a lum lowers and i bought the Eibach springs. I have the fronts done, but waiting for my wheels to get built and have to drop in the drivetrain so I can check out the stance. I went with the corvette brakes, also. (had the Baer 13s and sold them to move to the C6 Z06 brakes) I had the UCA's leftover from the Baer's so thats the only reason I didnt buy the SC&C uppers. Glad to know what its going to look like when its done!

Rob, I was thinking the same thing and never really mentioned it. I believe Xcessive is running 4.5" BS??? You should have any rubbing issues on your car. I didnt mention it because I thought you wanted your car to ride a little higher. Or are you happy with your ride height and just want to get rid of the rubbing? Did you use shim in your upper arms?

Rob could solve his rubbing problem by selling those Simmons wheels to another guy with a silver T :biggrin:

Rob you may have stated earlier that you didn't want to do this, but I would strongly consider cutting the inner fender part out. Its just a regal front fender and from any angles other than up on a lift nobody will know. I plan on trimming mine this weekend because even my 17x7s with 4" BS rub on the passenger side if i have a passenger. My car is sitting at 24.5" though. There is the angled piece from the bottom of the fender that angles up towards the middle of the inner fender. The car looks fantastic with its new stance btw.

jdpolzin do you have any fullsize pics of the whole car yet? That setup looks great man.

Rob you may have stated earlier that you didn't want to do this, but I would strongly consider cutting the inner fender part out. Its just a regal front fender and from any angles other than up on a lift nobody will know. I plan on trimming mine this weekend because even my 17x7s with 4" BS rub on the passenger side if i have a passenger. My car is sitting at 24.5" though. There is the angled piece from the bottom of the fender that angles up towards the middle of the inner fender. The car looks fantastic with its new stance btw.

Please post some picks of the cut area - maybe that will get me over my fear of molesting an original paint car.

Rob could solve his rubbing problem by selling those Simmons wheels to another guy with a silver T :biggrin:

Thats always on option - but I like these wheels too much to part with them!

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/196704-front-tire-rub-no-more.html

There is a link I found some pics at. Just trim around the angles piece. You will still have the plastic inner fender blocking any road debris or dust. I guess the only worry would be whether your wheels stick out enough to where the edge of the lip would need to be trimmed where the wheel well trim bolts to. Mine rub far enough inside where I can leave them alone. (making it obvious) I know a lot of people wouldn't want to do it to their car but it was just an idea I thought i would throw out there. I have a friend that did it to his car (TKGN1) and you can't tell at all unless you get under and look. good luck.

I would personally just get a new set of smaller front tires, sell the ones on it, and get an alignment.

I dont have a full view of my car yet because the motor is going in it and I have to cut the frame for the rears to fit. I'm sitting at 26" tall tires and 12.5" wide in the rear!

You really dont want to go any lower with just the springs. It's doable but not good. Otherwise, go with a set of Howes lower ball joints and udjustable upper control arms like Silver Fox has. He has what they call a Stage 2 package. The Howes BJ's give you 7/8" drop. Otherwise you could always go the route I went if you want to spend the money. It's a killer set up but most people dont want to go that far. Stay away from BellTech spindles but if you just wanted a cheap way to drop it 2", thats an option. Really I would suggest the set up Silver Fox has with the BJ's and springs. It's a sweet wet up for the money. The car will ride very nice.

Suspension is my thing. If you ever need anything feel free to get ahold of me!

Thanks...I will try out the Coils first.
I Race the car and I wanted to lower the front a little as I lowered the back, and now the front sits a little higher than the back.

many thanks...

Joe

Just wondering why you say not to go the bell tech route? I too have been following this thread and appreciate all your guys input.

Dennis, The lowering spindles are great if you are on a tight budget and want more drop than just springs and I am going to use them on my next project becuase it is going to be a very very low budget cruiser NA V8 car. BUT, they are horrible for ride quality and will most of the time rub pretty badly. The difference is that they are a mimic of the stock spinlde but with the hub moved straight up. Our cars have horrible bump steer issues that to the average Joe arent noticeable until they start to lower the car. The problem is the wheel pretty much moves straight up when nder load and hit the outer edge of the wheel well. With the taller ball joint and spring combo, the wheel moves up and the top of it moves inward at the same time. This basically does two things: 1. Keeps the wheel flat on the ground under cornering instead of riding on the outer edge. 2. Allows the wheel to follow the contour of the wheel well, hopefully taking away the rubbing issues. Do a search on Google for BUMP STEER. Marcus Savitski @ SCANDC.com is excellent with our suspension geometery, check out some of his products. He has excellent costumer service and top of the line parts.

Spacers Installed

Okay,

I installed my SPC spacers today. Once again - I hate messing with front coil springs!

Here is how it all boils down:

Stock ride height: 27 inches.

Stage 2 Kit from SC&C: 25.75 inches (with my 20 year old stock springs.)

Stage 2 Kit/Moog 5658s: 25.125 inches.

Stage 2 Kit/Moog 5658s/SPC .5 inch spacer (which gives one inch of height): 26.25 inches with absolutely no rubbing.

I'll post of some pics whenever I take it out next. I am hoping it will settle down to about 26 inches and I will be happy. No rubbing problems at all and about an inch lower than stock.

Just wondering why you say not to go the bell tech route? I too have been following this thread and appreciate all your guys input.

Check out this thread: Drop Spindle Warning/problems - Pro-Touring.com