more power for the lawn mower.

Homeskillet5

well i was mowing the lawn yesterday and i've come to the conclusion that my lawn mower does not have enough power(16.5hp) or speed (3-4 mph).....i was wondering if anybody knows of any freebie or cheap tricks you can do to make more power? and yes i already thought about strapping a turbo onto it but i don't think my dad would approve of that.

smaller pullys, my grand dads got a hot little 20 hp mower that will do 35 mph, i clocked him with a car.

A 9 volt battery an old NOS powershot solenoid with a small jet and as mentioned the old "Sneaky Pete"(bottle) will wake that mower right on up. Been there done that! lol

I've got a 6.5hp pushmower. I got as much horsepower as I could because I got sick of it bogging down in thick grass.

Well, even the 6.5hp mower bogs. So I tightened the governor spring and it runs like it's on nitrous.

I repair small engines in my spare time. Race gas will kill the engine. I looked at one that needed a new short-block. VP race gas blew the bottom end out. I told the guy to buy a new one. Some people aren't very smart.

On my Lawn mower. No wait my moms Lawn mower it is a 13 hp riding lawn mower. And I was looking on the carburater and when you turn it wide open with the throttle the govener opens for just a second then closes so it will only rev so high. Well I tied a old peice of oil pressure gauge line to it and you can just pull the line and it gives it twice as much power but if you dont let off within like 10 seconds or less it will blow up. You can start to hear things rattling when you dont let off it.

Be sure the air filter is not clogged. Sounds simple but if it needs to be replaced you'd be surprised how they can choke out a motor even when they look clean. For the money throw one in and see what you get. A 16.5 hp lawn tractor should have plenty of power. Good luck. Drew

get a k&n for it. i know they actually make'em for little motors, like go-peds and stuff. So, just see if you can find one for your beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!