motor mount options

I haven't touched my motor mounts in almost 5 years (next Monday!) of owning my car.

The tie down strap seems to be working well... :eek:

Will probably upgrade to the H&R mounts this winter when the motor comes out.

OK I decided to go with the HR driver's mount and a new stock passenger's mount. To be safe, I ordered a set (left and right, 2382 and 2384) of stock replacements from Advance Auto Parts. They are exactly the same :rolleyes: Can someone describe the physical difference between the two mounts? If I have 2 passenger's mounts, that would be fine... but if I have two driver's mounts then I'm going to be S.O.L. Here are the mounts I purchased:

mount.jpg

Let me throw this out there and see where it lands. I was told by a supporting board member (vendor) that the HR mounts put to much stress on the block and he did advised againt them, if he was to do my rebuild. No names no flames. Just in concept this does seem to make sense, after rebuilding the motor and seeing it internally. He recommed the stock mounts and the RJC brace, which is what I did. Your thoughts?

If that is what your budget allows, then that is a good choice. I installed the RJC rear engine brace and it works great. There is no way it could not. It def is way better then a torque strap and will assist both motor mounts by not letting the engine move too far up on the driver side nor lean over and let your downpipe contact the control arm on the passenger side. Its $100. Thats a good deal for that assurance.

Some of you guys need to realize that not everybody has endless dollars to throw at their car. I own every single item in the HR catalog. If you dont believe me, ask Paul. Not everyone has that kind of $$$ so when they ask a question and you recommend a high dollar part and it scares them, there is probably a reason. Help them find another alternative. Dont tell them things like...they will regret it, or you only buy it once, or whatever. I see this in newbie threads all the time and it pisses me off. Give the info. If they listen...fine...if not...fine too.

I put both sides of HR mounts on. Love them!
My only problem is now that my ATR DP hits the heater box AND the frame. It's almost wedged in there

The mounts can be raised and lowered. See where yours are. If they are as low as they go, then take your downpipe off and elongate the holes, about an additional half a bolt hole. This will allow you to "clock" the pipe when you put it back on. It should give you an inch or so more clearance where you need it. My RJC is real close to the frame and higher up to the box then my old GN1. It was way closer to the A-arm.