moving to the west coast..

Moving to OC

Mike, I have lived in OC since 1947 and watched it grow "JUST TO MANY PEOPLE & CARS" o'well. If you get a chance check out the club web site at www.bgnra.org we are the largest GN club on the west coast Dedicated to Buick V6 Turbo Vehicles. If you would like to join the club just do it online at the club web site and save $5 bucks. If you need to talk to me you can call the club hot line at 714-772-6201 in Anaheim, CA good luck and welcome to OC

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA
Email: hurstbuick@aol.com

So guys, when i move to long beach (not HB), whats the nearest 1/4 mile track? i can't run 1/8 tracks, no fun.. Right now i have to drive about 45 minutes north or south for 2 tracks.. Whats the avg cost for a test & tune night?? Here it's $12 bucks at cecil or $20 bucks at captial...

thanks.. i really didn't see any info if they do every friday night racing, or weekday racing.. Also whats the altitude at these tracks.. i just want to make sure i tune that FAST system correct..

LACR is 2,710 ft. above sea level

Run What Ya Brung - Open To All wed & fri 5 to 10 pm

Fontana is 1121.27 ft above sea level

street legal drags one almost every month

pretty close to my area 1,100 feet.. So i shouldn't have to change to much.. What's the avg humidity there.. it's freaking crazy here between may to oct, i'm talking 85* and up..

Guys, thanks again for helping me out..

mike

Now.. what about insurance... i have State Farm here, nut i heard that they are crazy out in Cali... i have all fast toys os hopefully they won't kill me on monthly payments.. buick, Lightning, 300zxTT, Sentra (pretty quick), Honda CBR1000rr and RC 51 both sport bikes... How much are you guys paying for your Buicks???

1,200 a year for AAA and I'm 21 year old male.

1/8 mile does suck but Irwindale is a great place to race and watch there is always a lot of excitement and Buicks. They promote as having the "best" traction in SoCal.

Phil

Now that is my kind of track... :)

i broke one rear end last year.. Launching at 17 pounds of the E-brake.. It (stocker) didn't like it..

Mac in SD said:
Morgan is from Orange County. He goes by Drip Pan on this board. I'm sure other guys from the L.A. area will chime in.

I'm from the east coast originally, and I really like it in San Diego. Expensive, but...pretty stinkin' nice. You are absolutely going to love the weather. December is great, but the rains start in Feb. But don't let that get you down - 'cause there ain't no snow! :D
The majority of buick owners from San Diego seem to have female tendencies !

turbolou said:
The majority of buick owners from San Diego seem to have female tendencies !

Sheep?
Has gotten to be quite an entertaining thread :D

See Lou...you Do have humor! ;)

#1HotRod said:
Sheep?
Has gotten to be quite an entertaining thread :D

See Lou...you Do have humor! ;)
Oh yeah! Just don't be around me on one of my menopausal days LOL