MSD Dist. set up with Classic fast.

Maybe your car is bi-polar. lol

You might be on to something here.. maybe its just me. A person with bi-polar may feel out of control or unstoppable, or as if they have been "chosen" and are "on a special mission", or have other grandiose or delusional ideas...

OK looks like I am ready for Saturday to start the engine. I have the Balancer at 25 BTDC and the Rotor facing #1 Plug at the Cap. Their is a Hole at the top. So when and if this engine starts what do I do with the Timing Light??
Make sure the Mark stays at 25? Rotor flashes at the same time through the Hole??
compare with my numbers on the FAST board???

Thanks

You must verify the timing with the fast put 25 in your cells, zero the idle spark table, and adjust your crank reference according so 25 with the light is the same as your 25 on your map. You may want to rev the motor to 3000 rpm and see if the timing moves. You can also check to make sure your rotor is lining up at the same time you are correct. But I would put the leading edge of the rotor lining up note the center. If your timing on the balancer is retarding as you rev it up you need to increase the inductive delay setting, its range goes from 0-600 microseconds, stock is 96

Thanks Norbs! Mike E will take my hand and walk me through it...:)

Joe

Before you want to go reving this thing to the moon you may want to get the fuel map dialed in a bit, target 12.8 af in your map for testing.

Norbs I have a program that I got from Stephan when he dynod the Motor at The Turbo People.

Norbs I have a program that I got from Stephan when he dynod the Motor at The Turbo People.

You have changed everything I would use it as a base, but you will have to re tune everything...

You have changed everything I would use it as a base, but you will have to re tune everything...
I spoke with Mike last night and he made me understand better what I have to do. Mike knows his stuff too on FAST as I can see. I just mis-understood the function of the Dist. on this set-up. We are lucky to have guys like Mike, Cal and you too Norbs...Going to finish up the details and get New gas. Let you know later how it goes.

I spoke with Mike last night and he made me understand better what I have to do. Mike knows his stuff too on FAST as I can see. I just mis-understood the function of the Dist. on this set-up. We are lucky to have guys like Mike, Cal and you too Norbs...Going to finish up the details and get New gas. Let you know later how it goes.

I'm not sure I would include myself with Cal. I learned classic fast from a couple experts years ago, but I haven't touched in a long time.

I do know a lot about this specific subject of getting the crank and cam sync setup with classic fast. But, my advice is worth what you pay for it. :)

I'm not sure I would include myself with Cal. I learned classic fast from a couple experts years ago, but I haven't touched in a long time.

I do know a lot about this specific subject of getting the crank and cam sync setup with classic fast. But, my advice is worth what you pay for it. :)

Well Mike what ever you sad was right on the Money. I turned the Key and Bang...Started right away..BUT after a 4 seconds I had to turn it off..NO OIL PRESSURE. So now another mistery...Damn..:(

Well Mike what ever you sad was right on the Money. I turned the Key and Bang...Started right away..BUT after a 4 seconds I had to turn it off..NO OIL PRESSURE. So now another mistery...Damn..:(

You need to take a drill and prime it, mine took about 30 seconds with the drill, did you pack the oil pump with vaseline?

You need to take a drill and prime it, mine took about 30 seconds with the drill, did you pack the oil pump with vaseline?
Dude!! Haven't been working at McDonald's for 30 years....
I will find out later. Could be my Gauge.

Ok , but if you take the bearings out on your new motor,,,,,,,,,Scoob is going to very upset.....Did the drill get loaded down, its usually the sign that its under stress and pumping...