Mustangs vs The World @ Barona, Mar 26th

Rodney87GN

If I don't blow up anything this Friday at Fontana I think I may go to Barona for this. Should be a good time racing and beating up Mustangs.;)

Just need to get my horn working so I can compete in the street class.:tongue:
Mustangs vs The World

Cool, hope to see you guys there. I think we will dominate in the street class,unless there are a bunch of high HP garage queens I don't know about.

Who all is coming?Mary is bringing the Benz and if I can replace the pass side header gasket and get a good laptop for tuning I will be there as well.:biggrin:

If I can find some nitrous I'll be there. Got to beat up on some Moostangs.

I plan on going still. However, there has been some rumors of working this weekend. I hope not. I've been looking forward to beating up on some stangs too.

My first matchup in the Open Comp class was a bracket racing text book victory. My first bracket style run in a very long time, and luckily, against a Mustang.
Left is me, right is him.
It was a 5.70 against a 7.62 dial-in.
Reaction times were .054 and .137.
Even though I launched last, I managed a good reaction time. I caught him just before the finish and seeing that I was going to have him by more than I needed I blipped the throttle a couple times to drop off some time.
The finish was 5.800 and 7.734.

The second round I was up against Gary. A very seasoned and very good bracket racer and his stock Corvette. I didn't stand much chance.
I got the right lane, which I had zero experience with as far as dialing in a bracket dial-in, slept real bad at the light, and got squirly by 3/4 track where I got out of it and just coasted the rest of the run.
Gary's reaction time was .052, and mine was .686. :(

I spent all day trying to dial down the tune to control wheel spin on old tires and didn't have much success by that second round. Had a blast, though. I may dial the car back more, run the car in the right lane more, and start getting into the bracket racing more. I want to get Gary just once!

Any ass whoopins being handed out by buicks?

Glad you asked...in short, yes.:D

Raymond Bunch and I competed in the True Street class, where he took 1st and I took 2nd in the 7.0 class, which is the quickest category in the True Street class. I think 3rd went to a Ford Lightning. There were 8 and 9 second classes where most of the other Stangs placed. I don't think none of them made any 7 sec passes...not in the street class anyway.

You make 3 passes and they average it. My first pass was a 7.0@100. I raced a Saleen Fox body Mustang...he must've had problems as he only ran 9.3@64. I blew the launch on the second pass and ran only 7.4@98. My third pass was a little better, 7.2@99. The last 2 races was with a supercharged 99-ish 4.6 Mustang...he ran 8.2@88 both times. All my 60' times were in the 1.8 - 1.9 range.:frown:

On the other hand Ray was deadly consistent...ran 6.9, 7.0 and 7.0.

We had a pretty good time. The Wickedstangs Car Club guys were pretty cool and put on a great event. I look forward to the next one and maybe we can get more turbo Buicks out next time.

Man what a great time, with the exception of the cold morning air and occasional rain drops which resulted in a rain delay. Other than this, it was an exceptionally nice day for racing. I'm sure the Mustangs were feeling the pressure too in the end.

I'm thinking, just maybe I should just leave my car alone and keep it in it's current tune. Rodney is right, the car is dead on for the most part on a well prepped track. 6.9-7.0's are the norm.

Wonder if I could take Gary out....hmm:wink: Not! That dude is dead on most of the time.

I'm also looking forward to the next event with the Wicked Stangs Car Club. They put on a good show and were good sports in the end. Now that's class!

Attachments

• IMG_3968[1].jpg
    IMG_3968[1].jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3969[1].jpg
    IMG_3969[1].jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3972[1].jpg
    IMG_3972[1].jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 172
Me getting some, and possibly some air? Probably not with the front sway bar still on:wink:. 1.5 - 1.6 60ft!

I raced the guy in the white Mustang twice.

Attachments

• Ray1.jpg
    Ray1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Ray4.jpg
    Ray4.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 133