My 8sec Racetronix double pumper fuel system

ttypewhite

I want to first thank my buddy Jack at Racetronix for wasting his Saturday to help me out, words alone can not express my gratitude. We have been talking about installing his latest double pumper in my car for quite some time now, as he always chuckled when I pulled up to his shop with my Weldon 2025 screaming behind the car. Well Saturday marked the day for change. We flowed my system before and I was quite pleased with what I saw. It was good for a solid 8sec car as I have already ran 154mph with it. Then we flowed one of his double pumpers and every psi going from 45 to 80 out performed my fuel system by a good amount, even at lower voltage then my car supplies. So needless to say, I am humbled and a believer. The beauty of this system is that it's not radical. It can go in a 11 sec car to a 8 sec car with no ill effects and retain factory style drive ability.

Now to my install.

So we drained my tank of gas and dropped down the tank, Weldon pump, #10 feed line, filters, #8 return line, Racetronix sending unit and my Racetronix hot wire kit for my Weldon pump. Never realized how heavy this stuff was until its all out and sitting on the floor.

IMG_00001052_zps03c3f61f.jpg
IMG_00001051_zps09fb19c0.jpg

Now putting in the new pump in the tank. I'm excited already!!!! What a solid unit!!

IMG_00001049_zpsadfb37ab.jpg

Install my new Racetronix double pumper wiring harness

IMG_00001056_zps07c654ce.jpg
IMG_00001055_zps614b93f8.jpg

Mounting the relays in the back where the gas tank straps are.

IMG_00001057_zps1b453c07.jpg

I ran all new lines from front to back. Using Racetronix Fragola #8 feed and #6 return (E85 compatible) and hooked it up to my tank. Also swapped out my Aeromotive filters for a clean Fram high flow one that Racetronix supplied. (pics to come)

IMG_00001058_zps2c9c169d.jpg

Strapped it back up, and twist tied all lines and harness to the body, connected all the wiring up front, primed the system and fired it up. Wow!!! I can hear myself think again. No noisy pump screaming in the back of the car. This system also saved approx 18lb from my existing set up too. The drive home after a day of wrenching on the car was awesome. Can't wait to turn the screws to it with some good fuel and lots of boost!!!

TO BE CONTINUED............

Last edited:
how are you running the pumps? Both on all the time or staged?

The harness is set up to run either way. I am running them staged on the street . When I go to the track both guns will be blazing at the same time because it is similar to my race program with my Weldon pump, not because I am worried that the other pump won't come on.

Mike,

Can you take some pics of the fuel lines and regulator setup in the engine bay?

John, I have a Bowling Green intake on the car with my reg at the back in between the 2 rails which are fed separately. Racetronix also carries a kit on their web store that has it already assembled with all the fittings and filter for a stock style fuel pressure reg (part# FLK-G7B1)
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FLK-G7B1&eq=&Tp=

We didn't have the time to do all the lines at the rail, but you get the idea. I will see if I can get you some pics of the lines later.

IMG_00001060_zps22dd2d9c.jpg
IMG_00001059_zps3cd7dfae.jpg

Last edited:
you car looks sweet! i have a racetronix dbl i installed in mine,and the quality is amazing and the wiring is very nice. i am very pleased with it.

One thing, did u use the crimp style fittings on those fragola lines? We have always been pleased with fragola lines and they have taken great care of us. We did have one issue with the crimp -8 fittings. Once they were crimped, the diameter of the hole was less than 3/8". Ended up swapping to -10, -8 so we didn't have that problem. Thanks for any info u can give me! That set up is very nice!

That weldon pump has some good flow numbers, can we get some flow data before vs after and the pressures tested?

That weldon pump has some good flow numbers, can we get some flow data before vs after and the pressures tested?

You wouldn't be Norbs if you didn't ask these questions. Lol
I gave you my numbers last time we checked my Weldon pump and you did some calculations to tell me what they support, and if my memory serves me correctly you said it could handle about 1200hp. All the low and in between numbers are irrelevant, and too lengthy to write down so I will just give you the numbers that show its ability.

At 75psi my Weldon system flowed 2.24 gallons per min at 13.8 volts. That's with 2 #8 lines coming off of my factory tank with a sump, that goes into a Y block , then into my fuel filter, then into my Weldon 2025 pump, #10 feed going to the front rail, into another Y block which feeds each rail and returns at the back of the reg with a #8 back to the tank.

My new Racetronix system at 75psi flows 2.31 gallons per min at 13.5 volts, That's with a AN #8 coming off of my Racetronix sending unit, to a Fram fuel filter, then a #8 going to the rail, where a Y block feeds both rails and returns back to the tank from my reg at the back of the intake with a #6 return.

My data logs from last year at the track shows 14.1 volts at WOT, so with more voltage this double pumper system is going to sing. The best thing about this system was waking up this morning, going into the garage, and NOT smelling the car any more. The braided Russell lines omits the smell of raw fuel after its been driven. You would never know I was driving this car yesterday from walking into the garage today.

One thing, did u use the crimp style fittings on those fragola lines? We have always been pleased with fragola lines and they have taken great care of us. We did have one issue with the crimp -8 fittings. Once they were crimped, the diameter of the hole was less than 3/8". Ended up swapping to -10, -8 so we didn't have that problem. Thanks for any info u can give me! That set up is very nice!

No crimp style fittings on this. They are the Pro street fittings, no change in side dia.

OK, thanks for the details, I'm glad your not smelling fuel any more, you need to keep your brain cells for that 8 second pass! Flow numbers look like your ready for E85 now. I bet you feel so much better with that teeth rattler of a pump gone..

Racetronix is great, I have been using their stuff since they first started.. Always top quality and Jack is a great guy.

OK, thanks for the details, I'm glad your not smelling fuel any more, you need to keep your brain cells for that 8 second pass! Flow numbers look like your ready for E85 now. I bet you feel so much better with that teeth rattler of a pump gone..

I do, because the fuel system I had before did not suit the car or it's intended purpose. To me it's a win win situation. No more fuel controllers, no more noisy pump, and when needed, my fuel delivery is better than it ever was. This system brought the car back to factory like characteristics which is what I have always wanted. I could see this system going TSO levels with a Kenne Bell booster pump setup cranking up the voltage the pump see's.

Instead of creeping under my car to snap pics of the lines, this is exactly the kit I got. It's in the advertisers section.

P/N FLK-G7B1

This is a complete made-to-measure fuel line kit with filter and fittings for the 1984-1987 Turbo Buicks. This kit replaces all the factory lines, fittings and filter assembly. This kit is designed to be used with the factory fuel rail and factory-fit / location regulator (1).
FEATURES:
After testing many filter housings and elements we have found that the Fram filter housing fitted with a Wix filter element provides superior performance when compared to other filter solutions costing multiples more. The Fram filter housing is compact, easy to install, well built and affordable. The Wix E-85 compatible filter elements are very affordable yet filter down to six microns and have plenty of surface area for long service life and maximum flow. This assembly will provide the best protection from contaminants reaching your injectors while flowing over 700LPH with approximately 1PSI of pressure drop.
The lines in this kit are stainless steel braid over Teflon. The SS braid offers great durability and a conductive path to dissipate static buildup caused by flowing fuel. The Teflon core is compatible with all fuels such as E-85 and oxygenated race fuels where rubber hose is not and will break down and crack over time. Teflon hose has a lower friction coefficient than rubber hose so it will flow better given the same inner diameter. Teflon has very low permeability so it will not allow vapors to escape like rubber hose so you can say goodbye to that constant smell of gas fumes in your garage. After much flow testing we have found that a -8 feed and -6 return line provide more than enough flow capacity to support our dual in-tank fuel systems at flow rates in excess of 740LPH.
Some of the most restrictive parts in the TR fuel system are the factory Saginaw (metric) fittings. While the internally seated o-rings provide a reliable seal, they are very restrictive by design. Off-the-shelf adapter fittings are also very restrictive because they rely on the same sealing mechanism that limits the maximum internal diameter of the fitting. To get around this problem, Racetronix machines metric adapter fittings in-house to fit the TR fuel rail and regulator that allows for maximum flow and a positive seal.
All Racetronix fuel lines are pressure tested for reliability.
1. Racetronix recommends the use of an Accufab regulator only. These regulators have proven to be ultra-reliable, stable and do not bleed down.

All parts made in the U.S.A.

Filter mounting location next to factory filter location
FLK-G7_filter_mount_1.jpg

Filter mounting location next to factory filter location
FLK-G7_filter_mount_2.jpg

Sender hookup (SENDER SOLD SEPARATELY)
FLK-G7_sender_hookup_1.jpg

DP 2x340LPH Sender + Filter Flow test @ 80PSI @ 722LPH
FLK-G7_filter_test_80PSI_722LPH.jpg

I just put the same system on my car over the weekend too! Fantastic quality, This is the best thing available right now without a doubt.

Mike, I need to set my car up with champion style fuel rails like yourself, id you have to shorten the feed when you split it, or did u have to shorten the return now that it doesn't have to run to the front of the rail?

Jeremy, I really couldn't answer that question because I cut the lines myself because I was on site doing the install. Not sure what the lengths are in the kit. But they wouldn't be short. Maybe a foot to a foot and a half longer i would assume. Just run the return on the passenger side and that would take up the slack if there is any. Both my lines are on the drivers side.

Ok, thanks for the info mike! I still run a coil pack so my set up is going to be a little different but that was concern of mine. Alao, thanks for the good write up, it has answered some of my questions.