My 8sec Racetronix double pumper fuel system

Jeremy, I really couldn't answer that question because I cut the lines myself because I was on site doing the install. Not sure what the lengths are in the kit. But they wouldn't be short. Maybe a foot to a foot and a half longer i would assume. Just run the return on the passenger side and that would take up the slack if there is any. Both my lines are on the drivers side. Or just cut them yourself to proper length because they are Pro street fittings not crimp style.

I have a question about the system.
You wouldn't be Norbs if you didn't ask these questions. Lol
I gave you my numbers last time we checked my Weldon pump and you did some calculations to tell me what they support, and if my memory serves me correctly you said it could handle about 1200hp. All the low and in between numbers are irrelevant, and too lengthy to write down so I will just give you the numbers that show its ability.

At 75psi my Weldon system flowed 2.24 gallons per min at 13.8 volts. That's with 2 #8 lines coming off of my factory tank with a sump, that goes into a Y block , then into my fuel filter, then into my Weldon 2025 pump, #10 feed going to the front rail, into another Y block which feeds each rail and returns at the back of the reg with a #8 back to the tank.

My new Racetronix system at 75psi flows 2.31 gallons per min at 13.5 volts, That's with a AN #8 coming off of my Racetronix sending unit, to a Fram fuel filter, then a #8 going to the rail, where a Y block feeds both rails and returns back to the tank from my reg at the back of the intake with a #6 return.

My data logs from last year at the track shows 14.1 volts at WOT, so with more voltage this double pumper system is going to sing. The best thing about this system was waking up this morning, going into the garage, and NOT smelling the car any more. The braided Russell lines omits the smell of raw fuel after its been driven. You would never know I was driving this car yesterday from walking into the garage today.

Have a question about the system..... If the systems is estimated for 1200 hp on gas, what is it expected to be on E85? Maybe that is a question for Jack. I am currently thinking about going with the Weldon 2035-A for my setup. I want to buy a system that I will only have to buy once for a while and not constantly updating. I know the 2035-A is capable of 900hp on ethanol.

I just called to confirm and he is not keen on customers cutting the lines, those lines are pressure test there at 500psi a line. They said if the customer wants B1 cut shortened, Racetronix will cut it for you, BUT, there is no returns on a cut hose if the size that you gave is not right.

Mike,

Thanks for posting this. The car I bought earlier this year needs a complete fuel system as the A1000 pump isn't up to the job and the layout / quality of the current system leave something to be desired. I had been comtemplating going this route and now your thread just helped me finalize my decision.

Neal

Mike,

Thanks for posting this. The car I bought earlier this year needs a complete fuel system as the A1000 pump isn't up to the job and the layout / quality of the current system leave something to be desired. I had been comtemplating going this route and now your thread just helped me finalize my decision.

Neal

My pleasure Neal, I have been viewing the progress on your car and I like the direction you are taken it to. This fuel system would be ideal for you. I am very pleased with the fit and finish of the whole thing.

My pleasure Neal, I have been viewing the progress on your car and I like the direction you are taken it to. This fuel system would be ideal for you. I am very pleased with the fit and finish of the whole thing.
Are you on GAS or E85?

Gas, E85 is not available in Ontario Canada. I would love to try it because the fuel system can sustain 220lb injectors.

Gas, E85 is not available in Ontario Canada. I would love to try it because the fuel system can sustain 220lb injectors.

You think that if you were E85, that your new fuel system can handle the same HP or more? I am trying to decide if I want to go internal or external pumps....... I am weary of a second pump and hoobs switch at WOT.....

I don't see why it wouldn't support the same hp. I have yet to hear a hobb switch that was installed properly fail. A lot of people created that theory without ever having a system like this or Reds in their car. IMO that's one of the greatest myths going. The hobb switch is a very reliable thing. I have been using them for my evac pump and one of my previous fuel systems in the past for years with no issues. What is the purpose of your car? Street or race? how much power do you intend on making?

Maybe vp fuels can get you something similar, something to look into...

Maybe vp fuels can get you something similar, something to look into...

If it ain't readily available at the pump, I'm not going to be schelping barrels home and doing that for a street car. Way too much work.

You are a God-send for putting up this thread WITH pictures!!

My pleasure. Next time I get the car back to the shop I will take more detailed pics of how the lines were routed through the body and where they came up going through the engine bay.

Mike, do you think you could talk with them about making a line kit for us guys using Champion style fuel rails? It would probably save a lot of hasle by sending lines in get cut, would save on warranty hassles, and since they suggest the Accufab, they could sell a kit with the regulator. Just a thought

The 2025 is LOUD : / Did you ever try running it with a pump controller out of curiosity? Nice new system as well!

Where are your feed and return lines different from stock with the Champion set up? I don't see any difference in the feed if you're still feeding the passenger side front rail. That's where the kit hooks up to. The return if in the factory location doesn't change either.

I have not tried a fuel controller personally in my car but I have installed one in a buddies Mustang. It's still loud even with the controller, just a different pitch. After a while that pump just annoyed me, and limited the distance I could travel. Even with the fuel controller I have still seen instances where the pump still crapped out. Nothing worse than getting stranded on the road and coming home on a flat bed truck. Ask me how I know.......lol

Where are your feed and return lines different from stock with the Champion set up? I don't see any difference in the feed if you're still feeding the passenger side front rail. That's where the kit hooks up to. The return if in the factory location doesn't change either.

I have not tried a fuel controller personally in my car but I have installed one in a buddies Mustang. It's still loud even with the controller, just a different pitch. After a while that pump just annoyed me, and limited the distance I could travel. Even with the fuel controller I have still seen instances where the pump still crapped out. Nothing worse than getting stranded on the road and coming home on a flat bed truck. Ask me how I know.......lol

It would be nice to have a complete kit that dual fed the front of te rails and returned at the back through an external regulator thenback to the tank. Most of us tat are making serious power and actally need this type of kit dont want the stock feed/return set up and take a chance of leaning out the drivers side of the rail.

Mike, do you think you could talk with them about making a line kit for us guys using Champion style fuel rails? It would probably save a lot of hasle by sending lines in get cut, would save on warranty hassles, and since they suggest the Accufab, they could sell a kit with the regulator. Just a thought

I'd be interested in a kit made for a Champion rail......please.

IN THE WORKS
I have talked it over with Racetronix and will be bringing my car back within the next week for sizing. Where are you guys running your return lines from? Is it from the stock location on the Champion rail, or at the back of the intake like mine? The back of the intake can pose a problem for line fittings as their are tons of external adjustable fuel pressure reg.

Mines not in yet but the plan is run between the back of the rails. I think it may be best to leave length for us guys using a stock location coil so we can mount the regulator on the drivers side inner fender. This could be moved anywhere I suppose asong as there is enough length.

I found it easier to mount on the a/c delete bracket (if not running a/c of course)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app