My c16 pin in the ecm broke off!!!

ROBCAR

Well went to start the car yesterday and it would turn over fine but no fire. After some investigating the main orange wire to the ECM was in bad shape and the pin in the ECM header is broke right off. It is not a t-top car but there was lots-o-moisture in the connection. Whats weird is when I took the wire out the pin was not in the connector. It had vanished or corroded completely. The header for the ECM is available seperate, Is this something I can fix myself or is a new ecm recommended. C16 orange wire is the main 12v feed to the ecm right?

Well went to start the car yesterday and it would turn over fine but no fire. After some investigating the main orange wire to the ECM was in bad shape and the pin in the ECM header is broke right off. It is not a t-top car but there was lots-o-moisture in the connection. Whats weird is when I took the wire out the pin was not in the connector. It had vanished or corroded completely. The header for the ECM is available seperate, Is this something I can fix myself or is a new ecm recommended. C16 orange wire is the main 12v feed to the ecm right?

When I made this post originally I didn't realize what had broken. I'd follow Bison's advice below. I'd contact John at Caspersperformance.com if you need any wiring etc..

Ecms are cheap and plentiful. Probably from corrosion over time. Replace it

Thanks, I was on the website looking at it. Just wanted to be sure I can do the header myself. I have the main cover off my ecm but not sure exactly how it gets replaced. Will give those guys a call.

Mine rusted off and I just replaced the ECM a few years ago. I did later on have a problem the same terminal in the harness was rusted and broken too. Make sure you replace it too!!! I would be driving my car and go around a sharp turn or hit a bump and the car would shut off while I was driving. So pull the orange wire out and get another spade from Caspers and replace it Im sure it needs it.

Well I fixed it, took the puter apart and did some surgery. It has been sitting in the driveway and the snow, when melting is finding its way right down the main harness and wetting the top of the plug. The outside of the harness is dry but inside the wrap where all the wires are is getting wet. Weird...