My dark red 87 T finally "done"

Only got a coue of crappy shots....one with the stock wheels, one with the other ones.
image.jpg
image.jpg

First off, very nice ride! Where did you find your interior pieces? I need new front seat covers but can't find them anywhere.

First off, very nice ride! Where did you find your interior pieces? I need new front seat covers but can't find them anywhere.
Thanks. The interior was redone before I bought the car. I have a receipt from when it was done in April 2001 at a local trim shop: recover front and back seats ($1000), recover upper door panels ($180), install customer supplied carpet ($150). Not sure if repo covers were made back then or if it was custom. Previous owner said the dash is original (no cracks) and gauge bezel pod was NOS.
Only decent pic I have of the interior for now, taken the day I brought it home:
17.jpg

Got the magazine yesterday and said to myself " I know that car". You know you have a sweet ride when it sticks in peoples heads. Congrats

Thanks, had no idea it would have that affect :). Today I had the 12 year old window tint removed and redone. Old was 35% sides and 5% rear, now 20% sides and 10% rear. Looks 100% better. Pics show how the RJC system isn't fitting quite right, which is annoying. Will be fixing that this week.

DSC02188_zpsf02fd772.jpg

DSC02187_zps820e500c.jpg

DSC02186_zps78bd2218.jpg

DSC02183_zpsc6db8e48.jpg

Dayum, I love that color....now I'm gonna haveta get mine out of storage this weekend!!!

More updates done last week. RJC exhaust is now fitting the way it should thanks to Bill at Anderson Performance. Also swapped out my Intrepid efans for one of the Alradco kits with powder coated shroud and installed a catch can from JLT. Always something to do :rolleyes:.
DSC02282_zps456b4354.jpg

DSC02284_zpse582d67a.jpg

DSC02285_zps781577f4.jpg

Looks absolutely great. Congrats on the magazine ink too. That's got to be one hell of a feeling.

Peter

Looks absolutely great. Congrats on the magazine ink too. That's got to be one hell of a feeling.

Peter
Thanks Peter. Yea it's a cool feeling to walk into a store, pick up a magazine off the rack and bam, there's your car. Finding that I'm still not "done" yet. Have a couple more things planned for it this summer.

Undercover87T said:
Hot off the press :D. Such a strange feeling to see something I built in a magazine.

That's a really nice T! My Camaro is in that same issue with your car. I have the red z28 "rocket city" congrats and great build!

That's a really nice T! My Camaro is in that same issue with your car. I have the red z28 "rocket city" congrats and great build!
Thanks Jason. Congrats to you as well on making it in the mag. Very nice Z28. I had a 87 IROC 5spd back in high school, miss that car.

Undercover87T said:
Thanks Jason. Congrats to you as well on making it in the mag. Very nice Z28. I had a 87 IROC 5spd back in high school, miss that car.

Thank you! I appreciate it. IROC's are awesome.. I have an 87T that I've been working on for a while now. It's Dark Blue Metallic. I can appreciate the work that has gone into your car. I hope to have it at Bowling Green this year. Maybe I'll see ya around

Thank you! I appreciate it. IROC's are awesome.. I have an 87T that I've been working on for a while now. It's Dark Blue Metallic. I can appreciate the work that has gone into your car. I hope to have it at Bowling Green this year. Maybe I'll see ya around
More work than I ever thought. Buy a Turbo Buick they said, it will be fun they said. Hope to make it to Bowling Green or Hebron one of these days. I'll be at the Carlisle PA GM Nationals in June and the East Coast Buick Regionals in Sept.

Installed a set of Alradco low beam 4300k (white) HIDs today. Install couldn't have been simpler. What a difference!
Before:
1-1_zpsff657f13.jpg

After:
3-1_zpse3b75b10.jpg