: ( my house got broken into......

dr_frankenstein

Mad Scientist
Im not one to complain, or bitch and moan.... But im at a loss here as to what to feel, say or do....

So this morning my house got broken into, in broad daylight....... While my teenage daughter was home. She was in her room and came out to find out what all the noise was and there were 2 colored kids in the house. She ran back to her room, locked the door and hit the panic button on the alarm. In that time before the cops arrived they sped away in a lifted black 4X4. By the graces of the Lord above, nuthing was missing at all, but they had sure made a mess. The cops have come and gone, collecting there prints and taking there report. Everybody is safe and the cops have it under control i suppose.

But i am shocked. Broad daylight? With somebody home? I mean, even if they had been checking the house out they would have known somebody is always here. The balls!

So this is where i feel all messed up... I have an alarm, fantastic unit that does exactly what i want. I have a firearm. Several infact, and both me and my wife have concealed permits. I have 1 large and 2 small dogs. Mean. Very. I have excellent neighbors, who had actually called the cops as well when they noticed one of my small dogs had gone to there house and started barking crazy. It was the neighbors who had seen the black truck and confirmed that it was them with there hasty speed away.

I have what a person is supposed too.... What do i do now? I mean im almost in tears at the thought that if they had gone in the shop, she would have never heard anything and i might have returned home to an empty garage. So frankly, im scared. Stupid people... And crooks none the less scare the piss out of me.

Is it okay to feel like this? What more could i have done? Is a 10 foot electric fence with guard towers and a roaming patrol the only thing that can truly protect me and mine?

Freaking nutz what this world has come down to. Im upset. Im dissapointed. I feel like i need an hour in church.

Anyways..... I guess i just needed to vent... Sorry if this is lame-o and not buick stuffs, but i mean it when i say this is like a second home!

Thanks guys

That sucks. my alarms go off as soon as the door is cracked. No delay. So from anywhere in the house you can hear the alarm blazing away. It scared the kid that mows my lawn all the way off the property. Put up fake or real ADT security signs. People will always steal. The economy doesn't help.
Too many losers with all day off to figure out who to rob. Sorry about your situation.

Well it is my fault indeed the alarm was set to entry exit doors, so they could have entered without it going off, as i usually do when somebody is here. Just everyday habit i suppose....

Never thought of that.

Well

It was my fault.

Well shit safety is number one concern in this case. Glad no one was hurt. Nothing missing is a bonus here too.

It's hard also to justify ending their life using a concealed weapon in the case of them not hurting anyone. But sometimes that feels like the only way. Maybe i would have shot a warning shot in their direction near them but not hit them.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Sounds like you were more prepared for this than most. No one hurt , nothing missing, call it a win...call it an opportunity to find the weaknesses in your home protection and improve them.

It was my fault.
I wouldn't focus on blaming yourself. Like T-Type Tim said, this is your opportunity to make adjustments to your security settings and overall approach.
You could buy video surveillance cameras that are real or you can also get "dummy" surveillance cameras on the cheap. They look real and you can
attach them all over the place. Good luck with everything.

Go ahead and vent, it does help. I was robbed a couple year ago and I know how you feel. I wish I had the opportunity to shoot him inside the house

hungerbuhler1 said:
Dont worry about shop worry about daughter. She is not replaceable.

Plus 1000000
The hell with the garage at that point.
Inside dogs? Get a pitbull. No better man stopper and it works on its own. Cameras- real- stick the DVR in the safe.

Well it is my fault indeed the alarm was set to entry exit doors, so they could have entered without it going off, as i usually do when somebody is here. Just everyday habit i suppose....

Never thought of that.

Well

It was my fault.

Number one: your girl wasn't harmed. We are all very thankful for that. Number two, if you feel the need to blame anything, blame the politicians for destroying our society. These punks are allowed to do these crimes with little chance for legal recourse. Of course, the mere fact that anyone would stoop to doing this goes back to the pols as well. When we meet out maker, we can all take turns kicking LBJ's sorry ass for putting us on the road to the United States of Welfare.

Be thankful your daughter was not harmed!!! Everything else can be replaced. Get your daughter a can of pepper spray and attach it to her phone so she will always have it close. Most B and E's occur during the day when people that work are not at home. YOUR DAUGHTER WAS NOT HARMED!!!

Glad your daughter is safe and a burglary just makes you feel violated. The a holes shoulda got a barrel full of 00 buck center mass each.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It would have been nice to put a cap in'em and do the world a favor. :cool:

Material things can always be replaced. Glad your daughter is alright.

BTW What state are you in? City or suburb?

thanks for everyones concern! I am very glad all went okay, and everyone was safe... im was just upset that my own inability to follow policy and procedure by getting comfortable and relaxed cause me to leave the house and not think right about the possibilitys.

I dont want to hurt ayone,as this all happened so fast dont think there would have been time to open the safe, load and get a firearm anyways -just offended that i help anyone i can and feel disrespected. i mean sheesh, i dont have anything worth stealing.... id gladly give it to you if you asked. particularly since they passed over car parts to go through my kitchen cabinets and my wifes record collection? what? :eek:

I live about 10 miles outside of town in a quiet desert suburb just this side of the Organ Mountian range in New Mexico, its a single street of about 16 houses, mostly older retired people and me and my noisey kids. Its always been the kind of neighborhood where like nobody ever locks there doors. And like i said my neighbors had caught wind that something bad was going down and had called the cops as well. So the entire street is shocked a well about how this happened.

but i did get a call from the sheriff, and he told me of a couple of other houses a few miles away that had been hit as well with people matching the description. They believe it was the group people who are "magazine sellers" they go house to house telling storys about there hard life and how there trying to better the community. when in truth there looking you and your house over to see if its something they want to hit.

So becareful of door to door solicitations.

Look up gun vault, you can bolt them down to your nightstand or not. Safe quick access fairly inexpensive.
Sorry for having to have your family go thru this but your families safety is all that matters the rest is just stuff.

Look up gun vault, you can bolt them down to your nightstand or not. Safe quick access fairly inexpensive.
Sorry for having to have your family go thru this but your families safety is all that matters the rest is just stuff.

Man, $240 with fingerprint recognition! Not bad, not bad at all.

you say they were colored kids what color? because when a white man is born he is pink when he is sick he is green when he dies he is blue so who is really the colored people!

you say they were colored kids what color? because when a white man is born he is pink when he is sick he is green when he dies he is blue so who is really the colored people!

umm no offense ment... i was upset..... so let me be politcally correct.

African American Kids.

i live in a time warp zone and most people including the officer who took the report still use the word colored. I apologize if that upset you.

Sorry this happened....Dont feel bad when my place got broke into the thieves got $6000 worth of my stuff (firearms included) i had no rental insurance and later the same day some guy started a fight with me at my local gas station...I proceeded to (stupidly) Beat the snot out of this Coked up guy that threatened to kick my a$$... I left the scene he called the police 20 minutes later and told them i beat him for no reason and stole $50 out of his cupholder in his truck (while i had one hand around his neck and the other knocking his meat out of his taco) in the dark in a truck with a black interior and a non functioning interior light...Never mentioned money missing while telling his story to those around him while waiting for the cops.....So instead of taking his lumps for a fight he started he lies to the cops and i get charged with assault with intent to commit unarmed robbery and unarmed strongarm robbery...Nevermind that i own my own buisness had about $1200 in my pocket at the time....So the day i got robbed i get charged with robbery....Never been in trouble my whole life before that happened...$5000 in lawer fees $550 for a lie detector and $400 in restitution for a broken cellphone i never touched or saw...I end up with assault and battery Misdemeanor and probation...... Glad ur kid was ok and you didnt lose any belongings....consider it a test of your security and your patience...