My Malibu and this odd, black car...

Delta T, you are from my hood!!

we need to meet up some time and go out racing:D

237 and mountain view are about 20 minutes from me, and i know exactly where the wienerschnitzle on el camino is...:D

There is more opportunity than ever to whistle up any engine these days, (turbo) as kits come available. I think that is a great idea to rod up a 4 door. And dont forgedt, you get the benefit of n ot getting profiled by the cops. Hell , you could even add an oil mister that could be toggled to make it "burn" oil . :p
Neat car.

Debadging is not ricey. Every car that I own has no emblems on it. 1984 Mercury Capri RS 5.0 no badges just silver. 1984 Monte Carlo SS w/406 no stickers just gun metal blue. 1995 Firebird Formula no badges just black. I have also removed all of the body molding. I think it just makes the vehicles look clean.

KillrV6,

Yep, that's right up the street. When I have her runnin' I'll shoot you a note or post. I also might have some parts that interest you...

ThikStik,

Cool idea - ever seen one? Maybe add a 'Diesel' badge?

I Eat Z06,

I am going to make an IC cooler out of high-pressure refrig tubing and connect my smaller NOS purge valve to it. I was thinking of using another solenoid to run the purge so that any time the 1st NOS stage is on, the IC spraybar is working, cuz the only time it's on, I'm racing... Would cool throughout the run. Any other ideas?
CO2 might be cheaper, but I'm running out of room to mount tanks!

I'm starting to put the front end back together today - just got back from Maine.

More pix later tomorrow - I mounted the dual 3" before I left and need to put some tack welds on it.

Jim

PS I like de-badging and no stickers. With a 4-door that's quiet (until you get on it), it helps it stay invisible. The GN I ran had no badges, just the whistle-from-hell...:eek:

More pix added today - Intake welding and plumbing.

Any suggestions on coating or plating the intake tubing? The only thing I am not into is chrome....

Thanks,

Jim

Nice work!!!! I LOVE IT.... You'v e got to get the fuel cell out of site though.... maybe paint it black or something.... way cool!!!!

Thanks, Tony. The fuel cell will be undercoated and disguised. Details on the site.

I just put on the HRPartsNstuff Lower Control Arm front mount braces. New pix are down in the rear suspension section.

Jim

Jim,

I still love it! Man, you do nice meticulous work.. My stuff never ever comes out as good as I would like....I can't wait to hear some war stoties.. How close are you to getting it done?

Thanks.

tonydee64: It will run in August and move in September. When it starts, the nitrous will be hard-plumbed, but not wired. I'll wire the NOS after everything else is working and broken-in - figure October...

Vendor Defendor: Good call - I don't like the 'tilted in' front piece and lamps on the early 78-81 Malibus, so I switched the facia for an '83 Malibu station wagon, with quad headlights. IMHO, it makes the car look much newer, like maybe a '87. As an interesting side thought, I once saw a G-body with a huge, one-piece Volvo Euro headlamp assembly, and that made it look even more modern - maybe '90.

I also tried a 2" cowl hood before but it looked too 'bad boy'. I have never found a practical way to add a Buick Turbo hood bulge (it's my favorite - very subtle) so I went back to a stock hood.

Glitch found Sunday - the thickwall aluminum tubing I got to feed the blower conflicts with the LT-4 Resin Valvecovers. I ground down the leading edge of the Pass-side valvecover but it was not enough (I have to now repair the valvecover with a little J-B Weld), so I am now working on a solution.

Mockup pix to follow by tomorrow.

Jim

All: I have exceeded my bandwidth for the site above for the month of August. I will make changes so this does not happen again, and the site will be viewable Sept. 1st.

Thanks for all the emails and feedback.

Jim

PS By then the engine will have been started for the 1st time, and I'll be close to actually driving the car... 5 years since it has run!

4 new pix posted.

I broke the motor and rearend in today. About 20 min at ~2200 for the rings and stuff, then 3 minutes in each direction (on jackstands) for the rearend. It's running well and sounds a little mean but it's still inside the garage and the exhaust is not all wrapped yet, so I can't tell how loud it will eventually run.
The Wideband O2 sensor lets you see the AFR realtime.
Still hasn't moved under power yet - 3-5 days???

J

That thing is looking good. You should throw an i/c sprayer on it. Got a question for ya. Aren't you worried about the exhaust being so close to the fuel cell?

Nick