Need Help finding a hole in the firewall

Tz44

I'm running some 0ga in my 86 regal and I haven't found a great place to bring the wire through the firewall. I really need a flat spot if possible and it has to be on the driver's side. There's a spot below the steering shaft but that would put the wire pretty close to the steering shaft and I'd rather not have it there. If possible I'd like to drill a hole up high but I'm trying to avoid taking the dash out.

There is a factory grommet with some wires coming out of it that aren't hooked up in my car (the car has had a drivetrain swap and no longer has AC) I'm thinking the wiring is for the factory cruise control or maybe AC stuff.

Thanks for any help

Yeah I was just looking at that, the guy that did my swap ran all of his wires through there. I planned to re-do his wiring anyway so I might just pull all of that out and drill a new hole for it and run my my 0ga through that hole.

No question in my mind. Run it under the car. Single ought is big stuff! I assume you are powering an amp so run it to the back of the can and then into the trunk. I have only 4 ga and that is what I did. I can't imagine trying to hide 0ga in the car/under the carpet and trying to get it to bend to fit. The other advantage is now you can run your RCA's wherever and not have to worry about noise.