Need help with my 81, restoring it to look like original. frame paint, rear axle paint, etc

Mike Diaz

Enlarged member
I'm now going 100% to finish the "Sunday Driver" Twin Turbo. I need some help from you guys about the original paint color for the frame, rear axle, control arms, sway bars, etc.

Is it a satin black, semi-gloss, or flat black? Does anybody have any pictures of the underside of a clean, original 81-83 Regal? I would really like this car to look like it did when it was new.

It's time to finish this project. I've been saving every dime for the past 8 months to afford it. I now have the money to go for it.

If anybody has any leads on a 81-83 turbo instrument cluster and bezel, some 14" Centerline auto drags (or 10 hole), and a beautiful set of 81-83 chrome bezel taillights, please let me know

Someone selling parts at the GS Nats this year had an interior for an 81. I don't know who it was but it might be someone on here.

Frame was covered in cosmolene grease so I'd paint it semi gloss. Con arms ect I'd do the same. Left a pic for you in your needed post.