Need help with replacing center section of turbo!

D

Darrens89Z

I went ahead and purchased a replacement center section to replace mine,It is from Limit engineering but I got it threw Postons.My stockers intake blades look a little chewed up so I opted to replace the entire section as it had miles on i to boot.My question is on reassembly.Do you put thread sealent on the bolts that go into the housing?I assum you did as one or two pass right into the air stream.How much foot lbs on the compresser bolts and how mcu on the exhaust housing bolts?Any tips?Thank you:cool:

I used nickle based antiseize on all bolts; that was recommended by PTE. As for torque, I used the "guten tight" method short of stripping bolts. Did you get the exhaust housing off the old one successfully? That's the worst side, especially on the bolts that are shrouded by the center section; they will only come off with an open end wrench. Sometimes you have to "shock" the wrench with a hammer or you'll round the head off. They're generally welded in there pretty good from years of heat cycling.

I got the exhaust housing off,but the bolts were real fussy.I used PB blaster on them.But you could hear them straining to comoe out.I will ue the antiseise but I dont know if I need to use thread sealer on the bolts or bolt that passses inot the compresser air stream.Thanks you:cool: