Need help with selecting performance parts

Azhotair26

Ya, I'm new.
Hi, I'm new here and i was just wondering if anyone could help me out with some questions i have.

What other parts do I need if im going to get a 212 cam kit? is this too big? where could i get a cheap kit that would work for me?

Does anyone know of a good intercooler kit for the hotairs?

Bigmouth cold air kit. Is there a significant gain in hp?

When is a good time to get bigger injectors? After which of the above parts does it become a necessity?

would it be possible to get most of these parts with around $3000?

Basicly I want to get into the low 13's/ very high 12's, but this car is also my daily driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm not an expert by any means and I know nothing about the hot air cars but even I know you don't need a cam unless yours is worn out. You need to start with all the base changes: fuel pump, exhaust, air filter, turbo/injectors/chip and an intercooler and you should easily make your goals. Also very important, fuel pressure regulator and scan tool for tuning.
Research the subjects. Good luck.
MLH

iv got the pump, exhaust, chip, and the hotwire kit. I also have a cold air kit coming in the mail. I have searched around and i found that a ta-49 turbo and 36# injectors would be nice. is there a company that would take my turbo and give me like a discount on the ta-49? i also found an intercooler but i would just like to know if anyone who has it, likes it. i found it here

Air to Liquid Intercoolers

Are the fuel pressure regulators year specific? i have only found regs. for the 86/87s

the sperco intercooler setup is not a bad setup at all. as far as the fuel regualtors they are not year specific 84-87 are the same. also where are you located. im running 11's without and intercooler so you dont need it but it will make it alot easyer to get to your goal.

im not a hot air man but i do know that alcohol kits are equal to if not better than most intercoolers... at half the price too! heck the speed shop my brothers procharged 408 silverado just took the intercooler off his truck and replaced it with a razor alky kit!

boost231, does ur hot air run alky?

yes i do have a razors kit but my 11.87 pass was just race gas as i have not tuned the car and wanted to be on the safe side.

I have a TA-49, 009 injectors and 92 octane, Joe Lubrant chip with about 2K never raced miles on them that I will consider selling if you're interested. If you are send me a PM and I'll figure out a price.
MLH

I have a TA-49, 009 injectors and 92 octane, Joe Lubrant chip with about 2K never raced miles on them that I will consider selling if you're interested. If you are send me a PM and I'll figure out a price.
MLH

his car is a hotair car. the injectors will work thats about it.

sweet

wow your in tucson thats awsome. and your willing to mod your car and try to make it fast thats what im talking about. As far as turbos the Te-44 and the TA-49 will NOT work. The only turbo you can get right now for the hotair cars is a TA-33. Give me a Call and we can talk about your car. 520-248-0793. 3pm-12 is a good time to call me. i can give you the low down over the phone instead of writing my ass off. also if you like you can see my slow 11 sec hotair ;).

brent

ya i cant call yet because im switching phone providers and im in the process of getting a new cell phone plan. I will probably give you a call this weekend.