Need help with tunning TT chip plz

bayareaturbo

I'm new to tuning a chip and need some advice. My sig is all the upgrades done to the motor. My chip reads on the back 5.5 40# 23/21 23-25psi 1011. I was wondering if this is the proper chip for this setup. It's rich @ WOT 02's 860-890 with 20lbs of boost no knock with alky. first gear feels like it's being held back 2nd not so bad and 3rd it pulls really hard. Fuel reg is 43 vac off. What settings should I tune this chip for with this setup? Thanks

The narrowband O2 is not that accurate so anything in the 800's I would say is "safe" rich.

What data loggering if ay do you have?

Get a powerlogger!

Try running lower boost without the alky on and compare.

009s are not 40# they are 42# so inj duty will be slightly higher and being burned for 23-25 injector duty will be high(rich) for 20psi boost , if your plans are to run 20 psi you need to pull out some fuel as needed from the WOT cell

the 5.5 chip only has adjust of +.-10% wot fuel (LV0)and -1,+4deg timing in 1-2nd gear(lv1) and same -1,+4degree adjust in 3-4th gear (lv2)

gwith the customer number off the chip (customer #1011 ) contact eric at http://www.turbotweak.com/forum/index.php? for specifics on the chip burn . you can also download instructs for the 5.5 chip since it requires unplugging the IAT sensor and a working A/C (or a jumper on the drier switch ) to program.
problem with used chips is eric burns some very specific for customers combo and to their specs , not to say it cant be caoxed to work OK but it will never be as good as a custom burn for your combo direct from eric ...on that used chip you dont know if it was for ported ,unported heads, 3.8 or 4.1, or which turbo or I/C and like i said the one you have wasnt specifically burned for 009(42#) injectors which arent linear injectors and need a specific programmed fuel curve

Thanks for the info. The chip came with the car when bought I never opened the ecu as I was told it was burned for 009's witch was wrong. I'm going to get a custom chip burnt for my setup. I have a few chip the car came with. Pit Bull, Kenny Bell, chip with just a orange sticket that reads 8614 A. I'm going to turn the boost to 14-15 and turn off the alky and put each of those in and see how it does. I'm sending the TT chip out first thing in the morning.

to be sure you get the proper chip get the full # off the injector since they may not be XX8009 injectors if the chip you had for them is correct

I have a few chip the car came with. Pit Bull, Kenny Bell, chip with just a orange sticket that reads 8614 A. I'm going to turn the boost to 14-15 and turn off the alky and put each of those in and see how it does.

them chips coulda been burnt for stock injectors, i wouldnt waste your energy or your motor trying to get em to work.

just get a new tt chip burnt and keep the tt chip you have in it for the next couple weeks.

If the existing chip is not for 42#s then eric charges anyway due to he has to reburn the chip, so you might as well just shell out some clams for a new chip.

The injectors have this blue strip shown in pics, don't know if that has anything to do with what injectors they are. I also have the receipt from the seller bought from Gbodyparts.com 42 lb Delphi/Luca's 009's.
IMG_2427.jpg