Need Help!!!

BarbeeT

Just starting
Hi there, Im having troubles with my 84 GN, i receintly finished building up the motor and trans, the car runs great for the most part but........ Its got a 2800 stall in her and when i try to do a break torque ill hold the brakes and put the pedal to the floor and the rpms will only rise to about 2-maybe 2500 rpms if im lucky! but as soon as i let go of the brakes the rpms go up and the car ripes!!!! So my question is...... does anyone know what could possibly be goin wrong if anything? the car runs well any other time with the exception of doin brake torques. So if anyone could please help me out here and steer me in the right direction that would be awsome!!! Thanks alot Kevin

Kevin is the converter...

not up to your needs? I'm guessing you have what seems to be a OEM pitch converter and unless you get a looser one, you are going to have to live with it.
There are several experts over in the transmission area of this site that will address your situation if you care to move this over there BTW.
FWIW, I got a 3200 converter to replace my OEM and it's a great improvement.
Good Luck

Hi there, Im having troubles with my 84 GN, i receintly finished building up the motor and trans, the car runs great for the most part but........ Its got a 2800 stall in her and when i try to do a break torque ill hold the brakes and put the pedal to the floor and the rpms will only rise to about 2-maybe 2500 rpms if im lucky! ........

Kevin,
Who's converter is this and what is the RPM at 0/0 and 5 PSI?