Need someone to weld my heads to the block

Here's something thats out of the ordinary... I didn't see any knock on my XFI datalogs even though I was hearing it when I was tuning. Come to find out, my Caspers XFI adaptor box had the knock signal wire located in the wrong terminal on the plug. Might want to check that if you don't see any knock at all on your datalogs. Verify it's actually "seeing" knock and retarding it by tapping near the knock sensor.

you guys must have a better ecu than us down here in the southern hemosphere our ecu's turn the knock sensor off after 3600 rpm as the engines too noisey to pick knock out of the engine noise

Bryan,

There is a local car here in nc that has been having the same issues over the yrs and could never figure it out.

He has tried different types of gaskets and lastly the cometics and when it would make the noise was @ low 20's boost and the problem just got worse with longer running.

The noise i heard from underneath the car ( on alift) and car on the trans brake i witnessed the sound of the gasket clapping/flapping when under power/boost.

The problem turned out to be the heads have had about .080 materail removed the heads are moving/distorting with higher pressure in the chamber.

You may want to contact TOM @ champion and speak with him about the correct way to check the heads to see how much material may have been removed.

DO you have the CC of the chambers that could be a key on how much has been removed ?

HTH

Pat Broughton

Interesting... Thanks for the reply. I think Bobby only milled .030 from my heads. I am going to pull them and have them checked. I will also be ordering a set of studs as Johnplogii suggested.I am not going to rush anything. I don't think I am going to make the trip to the Nationals in NC even though I have scheduled off work for it. My car seems to currently only fit into the ALKY class but I think I am going to tune with C16 and run that way. 900 miles is a long way to haul a car for test and tune.

Bryan

Cometics, 8.5:1 ported iron heads, 22-24psi, studs, no knock C-16 and alky....Norwalk 2010,:redface:

Attachments

• IMAG0098.jpg
    IMAG0098.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMAG0100.jpg
    IMAG0100.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 173