Need trouble shooting help....

RARE87WE4

I took the Buick today, and the motor bogs down under acceleration. No service engine soon light and the car idols normal and fires up with no issues.

Any ideas of where to start looking?

Attachments

• P1030988.JPG
    P1030988.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 165
Not giving us a lot to work with. Are you sustaining fuel pressure under boost?
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuel pressure holds constant at 40psi. The motor never dies, it just bogs down under acceleration. That is the best way I can describe the issue, is that it's starving for fuel. I currently have the Walbro 307 (hotwired) fuel pump installed.

Bog under heavy acceleration or light or both? Did this just start doing this after sitting unused for awhile or what?
Is your MAF clean?

But does it maintain a steady 1:1 clime with boost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AG, sorry I can't answer your question. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge in the car. Most of the time the car won't build boost because the motor chokes out so bad.

The motor bogs down under any acceleration. I'm ordering a Scan Master this week to see if I can get additional information from that. I had someone tell me that it may be an O2 Sensor going bad but I don't want to just start replacing stuff.

Would a bad knock sensor cause this issue without tripping an error code?

Prior to yesterday, there was no sign that I had an issue. I had driven the car about five miles with no issues, stopped at a stop light and when I went to accelerate, the problem started.

I once had a bad TPS sensor that sounded similar.
Once you get a scanmaster or other you will be able to observe the TPS operating voltage. (With motor off) You can also use the scanmaster to adjust the new TPS. (and much more)

Drewster on Tapatalk

So it's not the MAF. I unplugged it and the car would hardly stay running and the SES light came on immediately. Tomorrow I am replacing the fuel filter. If the fuel filter doesn't correct the problem. I will post more info once I have information from the Scan Master. Thanks for the help so far.

I doubt a fuel filter would cause it. If the fuel filter is clogged, it would starve for fuel under heavy acceleration not under light acceleration. If you disconnect the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator, the fuel pressure should rise. If it doesn't, the regulator went bad.
You disconnected the maf but did you clean it. The maf measures airflow across it's surface. They make a special cleaner for it.
If you disconnect it the engine is blind to a sudden increase in airflow so I don't know how that proves there is nothing wrong with the maf. I would try cleaning it with the special cleaner. I think I've heard these cars maf's have a tendency to go bad.
I still have both my originals but that is something I've heard.
I had a bad spark knock sensor on a later model car and it did cause a bit of a bog on light acceleration from say 30-35 Mph.
You can disconnect that one and see if it helps but do not stomp your foot down too far and go into boost or you could hurt the engine.
It could be the TPS but you have not supplied much background info on this car like mileage mods etc.
But if you get your scan master, that should help determine if that is the problem.
I doubt the oxygen sensor is at fault, it only fine tunes the air fuel ratio when the engine is cruising or idling etc. It does not richen the mixture
as you open the throttle. It is also not sending info when the engine is cold.

So here is a list of modifications:

Turbo - TA49 from Limit Engineering and HD Actuator
Mease Performance big-neck IC
Big Mouth Cold Air Kit
RJC Powerplate
Walbro 307 (Hotwired)
Accufab adjustable fuel pressure regulator
009 42.5# injectors
GNX 02 Sensor
Terry Houston SS downpipe mated to a Terry Houston Dump pipe
ATR SS 2.5" Exhaust with SS ATR Pitbull mufflers
3" Aluminum driveshaft by Dynotech Performance
Pro Torque 10.5" L/U Converter (3,000 stall)
Dynotech Performance Shift Kit (by Eric Shertz)
Red Armstrong Plug Wires (C443TS)
I believe that the chip that is in the car now is a 100 Oct programmed chip by Jim Testa

I just ordered the ScanMaster today, so I will post the readings from that once I have them.

If your big mouth intake uses a K & N filter, I reiterate cleaning the maf with the special cleaner.
I read once that the oil used on the K & N to trap dirt can get blown back on the maf causing problems.
A can of maf cleaner is about $8.
How many miles are on the car?

check your intercooler hose clamps tight and for cracks split in hose also the throttle body hose and clamps .