New 87 GN owner-----North Carolina (central)

Welcome to the board. Great looking car and there are quite a few of us in central NC. I live in Mebane, which is just east of Burlington and north of High Point. You should make time to visit Richard Clark's shop in Burlington sometime. He is the GN guru and a great guy to get help from.
Good to meet you V6POWER, I have spoken to Richard on the phone in length about my car...you are right, great guy, very knowledgeable!
Let me know if you are heading out there sometime....I would love to take a ride out there!

98% of the time Richard is at the shop on the weekends and there are usually guys out there working or just hanging out.

Good to meet you V6POWER, I have spoken to Richard on the phone in length about my car...you are right, great guy, very knowledgeable!
Let me know if you are heading out there sometime....I would love to take a ride out there!

Im 15 min from you in Winston.

We should all meet on a Saturday morning..or Friday evening for coffee...? It be great to see some of the other cars.

Weather not looking good fri or sat. Maybe meet on Sunday possible
I agree. I am in Kannapolis and would like to meet up with some people. Why is it that when someone suggests something like this or when I can head up to Richard's shop, it is raining? SOB!

We should all meet at a restaurant in Winston or something sorta middle ground for everyone. Maybe meet at the mall and eat at like olive garden, golden corral, or texas roadhouse

It seems like there are enough interested...lets just make a date..and pick a place..

Hey Arnold, welcome to the TR owners club. Looks like you've been a member awhile so although the car may be new to you, (hopefully you've been doing your research and reading so) you are not new to the car. :confused: ?? What I mean is if you've been doing your reading you are already ahead of the game. There is a wealth of information here so be greedy and get all you can. Also you won't find a better group of people than this crowd and the knowledge and know-how of just the guys in NC is incredible. Of course I may be a little biased seeing how I am one of those guys. ;) I'm probably one of the southernmost, central members, located in rural Anson Co. In other words if you went any further south in NC then you would be in north SC.

Anyway, it seems the TR scene in the Carolinas has cooled off some in the last few years. There was a core group that was comprised of several members in your general area and we used to have regular get togethers . We even had a club display at all of the Autofairs but thanks to life things move on. My car is currently down. We lost another member's due to a fire, and of course people's intrests change, caught by the next pretty face ( :censored:ed Pontiac G8's). It is time for a meet and if the cosmos align I'll be there (sans TR though).

Welcome from Gibsonville, NC Just west of Burlington. Nice GN. I have a 87 TurboT, light brown metallic that has been down the last couple of years. Hope to have it back on the road by fall. Lots of turbo buicks in the area. You really need to make a trip to Richards shop. Super guy and the shop will blow your mind.

Why is your car down?
My car has a case of the ticks. I believe a wiped cam lobe to be the culprit plus I noticed my oil pressure dropping when the car gets hot so I figure it is a good time to freshen everything up. I thought I would go roller while I'm at it along with redoing the trans. Major project plus minor funds equals lengthy down time.:(

My car has a case of the ticks. I believe a wiped cam lobe to be the culprit plus I noticed my oil pressure dropping when the car gets hot so I figure it is a good time to freshen everything up. I thought I would go roller while I'm at it along with redoing the trans. Major project plus minor funds equals lengthy down time.:(
It will be worth it in the end...take your time, do it right and you will be glad you did....
John