New CT Emissions

mark b

Is anyone on the list going to be a certified tester for the new CT emssions clusterflocktobe?

I emailed Erik Rankin but haven't heard from him. His former place of employment was talking about being one.

Yea, I got another 1 1/2 years to go with the olds and it will be exempt. It is scheduled for next spring, just before the reg. is due. Figures. I make by this one; I would have to worry about it again. (The olds is a 1980)

I saw in the weekend paper that Erik's old place J&M Corvette in Manchester is an "authorized" place. Not sure who is left over there that does our kinda cars, but I would trust them before I trusted a dealer.

Mark did you get your car tested yet? , I just got an "86" GN, and I'm going to have to have it inspected within 30 days after I register it. Just would like to know what to look forward to.

Timely question..... I got lucky - my date is not until 2005.

I found a place in Milford that does lots of import performance work, is a certified inspection place and is "willing to work with you".

I'll verify this and get a name, but the kid next door has a heavily modified Merkur that he is worried about - and they assured him they could get it to pass.

Thanks, I don't know if the pop the hood here in CT, But The GN right now is all stock. But the new CV law says you need to get it test 30 after it is registered

Going in within a week with the old car, salvageV6.

Thought about going to J+M as well.

Hope they don't look around too much. :D

Got an emissions chip for the 55's and hope it's gonna pass.

Popped a cat. on it as well so I should be close.

Gonna leave the K+N outside the car too. :)

Emmisions

I took my car at the end of December to Parsons buick in planville. They are very good people and I trusted them with my car. I passed with VERY low readings and could not believe it. I have a Stage II engine with stage II heads , solid roller cam and 96# injectors. I used dual cats, one was factory stock and the other was aftermarket. No working EGR but I did have to put a dummy fuel neck so they can test the gas cap. I have a fuel cell in the trunk that would have made the test invalid without a factory gas cap. There was know underhood inspection but I think they open the hood to get a tack signal from a plug wire(not shure).
I think the most important thing is to keep your car running and the cats hot.
Allan G.

Did J&M get certified? When I asked last year, they were not. There is a list available from the state - maybe it's also on the web (I'll have to look)

Fred - the place in Milford is "Pruven Performance" (spelling correct I think). I need to find them on the list to verify. They do a lot of ricer stuff, but the good thing is they understand most people run aftermarket stuff and they sell all kinds of DFI's, blow-off valves, etc. So it's not like a dealer that would tell you to remove everything and then they could get it pass!

The Plainville dealer sounds promising too....

Milford is closer. I would like to get it tested before I do the engine swap. Although the Olds breezed though the old test with lower emissions than the wives car with all that junk hooked up.

Car just passed at Pruven Performance in Milford. Yee haw.

Used the Extender Extreme chip since my emissions chip wouldn't even work in the car. :(

No EGR function so that hurt the most.

Car did 909 out of 921 on the NOX. :eek:

0% on the CO :)

And 41 on the HC test out of whatever.....

Nothing special done to my daily driver settings.

I be happy, no more stickers either all computerized.

OUTSTANDING!

I heard good stuff from those guys, so I was planning on using them. I'm glad it worked out great for you. Hopefully one less thing to worry about. My GN doesn't go until 2005, but if JC ever gets my TTA running, that will have to go immediately. I had the same EGR concerns...

Originally posted by salvageV6
Car just passed at Pruven Performance in Milford. Yee haw.

Used the Extender Extreme chip since my emissions chip wouldn't even work in the car. :(

No EGR function so that hurt the most.

Car did 909 out of 921 on the NOX. :eek:

0% on the CO :)

And 41 on the HC test out of whatever.....

Nothing special done to my daily driver settings.

I be happy, no more stickers either all computerized.

If you have a little room to make the mixture a little richer, the NOx will drop a little more. 0% CO is kool, but just getting a little CO out the tailpipe will drop the NOx but cooling the combustion temps a little. Just some food for thought.

Thanks for the info. I think that I can richen it up for the next test with the translator easy enough.

I will try to get a good working chip with EGR too since it's still on the car but that chip don't use it. No reason not to activate it for emissions next time.

Wish that emissions chip would work....

I wonder if Red's 55 street chip has EGR??? Got one of them somewhere. :D

160 stat. and a Random Technology Cat. 3" on her.

Only 152K miles too. ;)

They ran a Talon or something on the other dyno. while I was there.

500HP and about 420 torque. Not sure if he was using race gas or not, probably.

Might have to go back for some dyno. fun this spring. :cool:

Well , Went for the test today and it failed.

HC tested /max allowed

161 / 132 Fail

CO
.78 / .42 Fail

NOx
899 / 921 pass

Now she was blowing blue smoke becasue of the 235000 miles on it and the bad turbo seal. That didn't help

emission's chip is on its way. But I got to swap engines. & turbo .

I hate this emissions testing B.S.!

If the CO2 and O2 readings are available, please post those too. If there is more than 0.3% O2 out of the exhaust, I suspect your car may be due for a cat change.

No I don't have those numbers. The car does have 235000 miles on it the cat every well could also be dab.