New CT Emissions

I saw this on wtnh last night... another classic, hugh? Luckily I have not gone yet.

I'm so mad , I'm Spitting nails. This whole thing is a joke. What a waste of time & money.

Well I just got a nice letter from the state of Connecticut. They will not renew my registration, until I have the car tested. It doesn't say anything about it passing the test. It just has to be tested.

Well the newer engine is in, I have an emissions chip, new turbo, No more Smoke. I guess I will go Saturday morning and have it tested.

Oh, buy the way; they had no problem cashing my check for the re-registration. They cashed the check and then send me the notice.
Unbelievable!

It's gonna get ugly because if you fail and don't get rechecked and pass, they *reportedly* will also suspend your registration.
Of course, that means nothing until your reg is up or you get pulled over by all the friendly CT police and State Troopers.

The State of Connecticut just suspended the Emission's testing for 60 days. I guess they found more problems, What a surprise!

Oh, there is a god :)

I hope they drop this program for good.

More info,

The latest is that agbar is suing the state and the state is thinking about counter suing. Nice business relationship.

The really sad part is someone, anyone will keep running this thing. My understanding is that the Feds' are holding the state by the gonads financially.

Well the state reregistered that GN.

I found out when I changed the Down pipe that the previous Owner had already gutted the cat. Saved me some work :)