new drive in meetings for north florida turbo regals?

19yearboost

alright here i go again instigating get togethers. i know everyone has a drive in car show in their area at least once a month. for me its at krystals on merrill road. i say we should get everyone who can possibly make it and show up for as many as we can whether or not it is in your area. here in arlington we have alot of mustangs and really gay car clubs that just need to be shown how it is done! lets do these cruise ins in style! im willing to go to all of them no matter where they are, so whos with me? 1st up krystals on merrill rd at about 5ish.

p.s. whats that i see on the horizon for us? t-shirts? stickers, liscense plate borders? just a thought

Originally posted by 19yearboost
1st up krystals on merrill rd at about 5ish.

Umm.... what DAY? :confused:

Regular get-togethers would be very cool... sucks that I work most nights though....

I'm up for the cruise ins. I'll be at the Krystal on Merrill Rd. this
Saturday (Aug 3) with at least one Buick.
Glenn West

no worries beast v6 i work mon through thurs 1-10:30 and fri till 6:30 or so. so weekends sound like the best bet to me. see ya tomorrow everyone!

i finiall got my car running today!!!!! just in the nick of time now i can do cosmetics tomorrow. for those of you who know about my car and its cronic illness keep it in mind as you sacrifice all other types of vehicles by leaving them in the dust!!!

I try to come to the Orange Park and occasionally the Mandarin/Fruit Cove shows..I've never been to the Merrill Road one. I am supposed to take my wife out tomorrow night but I will try and sneak her up there..somebody suggest a good restaurant that "just happens" to be close. :)

Kendall: I can't believe you would look any further than the
one that is holding the cruise in. You mean you want something
better than Krystal. Women, go figure.
GW

alright you guys what happened? nobody hardly showed up. thanks to glenn and scotty for showing up. for everyone this is your only warning!!!! no but really we need to get our act together. lets set up for 2 weekends from now at the orange park cruise in. i say car show than bar-b-q. whos with me this time?

I showed up in the GN..it was pouring down rain so I just drove through the parking lot and left for dinner. I drove through about 7:15, I'd guess. There are a bunch of us in Orange Park w/TRs; usually Ken Cuthrell, sometimes Ken McLendon, and some others show w/their cars.

Sorry I couldn't make it, I was working. I work at Blockbuster, and now we're open till 1am on Fridays and Saturdays, so that pretty much screws me over for the weekends. I got the store closed up at about 1:30am on sat, then I started heading all the way out to CSX where my friend was on his way... apparently there was alot of people there... I get there and sure enough, it was soaking wet and I could count the cars on one hand (and I had more torque than all of them put together)... So then I had to put some gas in the car so I could make it back home... uneventful night. :(

sorry to hear that beast. it always sucks when the only thing holding you back from kicking some a$$ is the weather. we are trying to get everyone out to the orange park k mart show, so if you can get off of work wed love to have you join us. good luck.

Did our other thread get deleted?
Kendall, we were there until about 7:00. Not a good day for a cruise-in. Must have started raining after he left.

BTW, a friend that could not make it Tuesday sent someone to video it. According to him, he's got 20 minutes of US on video. I'll let you know when I see.

Hey guys, I am back in town.....its time for me to get back into the swing of normal life again and that includes helping out with the club!

Just so everyone knows, I know its hard for everyone to make it out on any given night, even I have to bite the bullit and do other stuff :p sometimes.....but that does not mean anyone should get discouraged when they come up with an idea to do something. If anyone has an idea of something to do, definately let me know and I will see what I can do to make it happen for everyone!

Prior to me leaving, we did try to get together at the saturday cruise ins at least once a month if not twice, usually it was the manderin and Orange park ones as not too many people live near the beach (that are active) and i personally dont know where the krystal one is.

ALSO!!!! I am going to try to start hanging out at the Sonics on atlantic (i think) near regency, on tuesday nites, thats where the jaxracing crowd hangs and the head guys of that club are a pretty stand up bunch, I am planning on being there just to see how it is...I dont expect any other GN's to be there because this is such short notice. I will be there by 9 pm.

Which brings me to my next point, If you want to do something you probably need to give at least a weeks notice, if not 2 in order for everyone to make sure they can be there (get permission:p)

And to get this out of the way, kendall and I are definately going to reynolds GA for thier shoot out in november, I do not have the dates yet, but last year was a blast, jack cotton was there, tony braccia was there, i think ron joseph was there???? anyway, it was a great time, great vendors, and lots of good T and T. hardly no waiting to run. I think jason has decided he's going too if he gets a trans :)

Next up, I need EVERYONE who reads this and is part or wants to be part of the NFTRC to email me at evilgn@hotmail.com or reply in this thread so that I can update my list of members. I know we have some new guys that werent part of the club before I left. But I need everyone's info, to include....

Name
Phone #'s
What part of town you are in (helpful for events)
email address
AOL IM name if you have one
TB.com name

this way i can keep track of everything a little bit better, and also stream line group emails to everyone.

Sorry this was kinda long
Dan Boden

Dan: I will definitely be at the Reynolds Ga. event. You are right,
it is a blast. You can usually make as many runs as you want.
By the way, the dates are Nov. 9th and 10th. Looking forward to
seeing everyone at K-Mart in Orange Park on Aug 17th. Still like
the idea of a BBQ. Glenn West

yes, the idea of a BBQ is great! if someone has a good idea of where to do it, shout it out, i am thinking a park with a nice big parking lot :)
glenn, can you please tell me if you have an AOL instant messenger nickname and what part of town you are in.
thanx
dan

from what i have heard many of the nftrc members live in mandrin and its surrounding areas so there is a place fittingly called mandrin park wher you can reserve a picnic/grill area adn theres plenty of parking. let me know what you think

Saturday

The cruise in saturday 8/10/02 will be in Fruit Cove...i will be there along with my neighbor in his 73 Stingray (I'll have my car :))...Dan ought to be out there as well...This usually tends to be one of the best turnouts of the cruise-ins!! Try and show if u can...

Eric

Hmmm, where at in Fruit Cove? I may have to make the drive down if the weather is nice. Haven't put many miles on the GN, so it's time for another road trip....lol.