new fuel pump no fuel pressure

Justin85rtt

I have a 85 regal t type. I put a new fuel pump in but have no pressure at fuel rail. I have injector pulse and spark. It will crank on starting fluid. Please help! !

Is your new pump getting voltage?
Does it run?
There is a relay, maybe that is bad.
Fuse is good?
Tank has a good ground?

Is your new pump getting voltage?
Does it run?
There is a relay, maybe that is bad.
Fuse is good?
Tank has a good ground?
Yes pump is getting voltage. Relay is new. Fuses good. My pump comes on for 3 seconds like it is supposed to. It also runs when trying to crank the engine. I just get no pressure at the rail. But I did notice the hose between the pump and hanger is extremely soft

But I did notice the hose between the pump and hanger is extremely soft
Real efi hose is not soft and mushy.
A new hose should have been in the pump kit. If it's not marked as EFI, it's the wrong hose.
Other item: Wired backwards.

Real efi hose is not soft and mushy.
A new hose should have been in the pump kit. If it's not marked as EFI, it's the wrong hose.
Other item: Wired backwards.
What could be wired backwards the pump? Could it power up like that? Also no piece of line came in the kit. But I did buy some today. My buddy thinks the line is collapsing

What could be wired backwards the pump? Could it power up like that? Also no piece of line came in the kit. But I did buy some today. My buddy thinks the line is collapsing

Under psi, the line won't be collapsing, it'll be ballooning! {Or, is ruptured.}
The pump is a DC motor. It'll run either way... Just won't pump in the wrong direction.

Well i put a fuel pressure gauge and got about 36lbs...at the rail...don't know how that happened but now all my injectors are stuck. . Car has been sitting for years. .i am only able to get to two injectors. . So I jumped the injectors from a battery with two jumper wires. I only got one to free up. .then I tried to crank it and it finally hit. ..so now I have to get my other 5 injectors cleaned. Any ideas on how to free the other 5 up

Well i put a fuel pressure gauge and got about 36lbs...at the rail...don't know how that happened but now all my injectors are stuck. . Car has been sitting for years. .i am only able to get to two injectors. . So I jumped the injectors from a battery with two jumper wires. I only got one to free up. .then I tried to crank it and it finally hit. ..so now I have to get my other 5 injectors cleaned. Any ideas on how to free the other 5 up
Have all 6 cleaned. I know a guy that can do that....

I can't get my turbo off. ..the bracket that mounts the turbo to the manifold the two bolts are stripped

OK. I really am stumped now. ..i took all the injectors out...wasnt getting gas to any of the plugs. So i jumped the injectors over (after soaking them over night) with two jumper wires. ..at first some didn't click to open and click to Close. .finally they all did except one.. i purchased a new injector. .put it all back together will start up sometimes but it will die right out. ..but the wierd thing is the motor turns over like it's out of time.. now I can unhook the injector harness spray with staying fluid and it runs fine

This "trik" actually cleaned them?? Because they "click", does not indicate they are operating correctly....Putting 1 inj in at a time, is a waste of time and money....
I'm pretty sure they are operating normal. ..i put a hose on the injector and put the other end on a can of fuel system cleaner. Touched the jumper wire to the battery while pressing the valve on the can and the cleaner sprayed or if the injector like it was supposed to do...can someone give me symptoms of a cam sensor not adjusted right...it will not idle shakes terrible when you give it gas and pops through the intake like it's out of time

Justin, chuck is trying to help you out you need to listen too him and at bare minimum have the injectors cleaned and flow tested. The backfiring you describe is more than likely from a lean motor ie injectors not firing properly.Just because you applied 12 volts to injector which fully opened it doesn't mean the plunger can properly move up and down rapidly and allow the proper amount of fuel thru it. It probably has trash or varnish in them and wont operate properly no matter what you do. Take his advice and send them to his guy or at least someone localy that's honest and let them test them youll be miles ahead instead of chasing your tail.Even if you get the engine to run decent your just looking for trouble down the road on a misfire or driveability issue that you don't want, your here now fix it right.

Hey bryan you don't happen to work on other gns do you? The reason I ask is I bought a car from a guy that moved to DFW area and was from St. Louis area and used to do a lot of street racing up there. When I pulled motor down the exhaust pipe had the name Bryan on it, kind of a long shot but I thought it was kind of strange.

I understand he is trying to help. ..but you don't think the cam sensor could be out of adjustment? I'll pull the injectors out and take them back to my buddies shop have him check them. ..