new motor, smoking a little

ecmo92

Im getting some smoke when getting on it, or even reving it. Not alot. But its a new motor, 350ish miles on it. Ive kept the boost below 10#'s. Did the cam break-in. I've been real good to this motor.
Is this a normal? Is it the rings seating themselves still? Ive got the fuel pressure at 42#, no weird readings that Ive seen. Its been running nice and smooth. Coolant temps have been great. Even in the high 150's cruising. I got a whole 1000 miles out of the last motor due to the machine shop screwing up, so I get a little worried about everthing now...

I was heading home to lunch one day and smoke started pouring out of my exhaust. Since I didn't know alot about cars then I had a local shop rebuild my engine. It turned out to be the turbo had gone bad. One way to check is to disconnect the wastegate and floor it. This way you have no boost. If it doesn't smoke, I would assume it's your turbo. Anybody else want to confirm this?

Depending on the compostition of the rings, it may take 500 miles to fully seat the rings. Make sure you do not use synthetic oil during this period. It will prolong the break in period. you might want to remove the intercooler and flush it out completely. There may be tons of oil in there that is making it's way into the engine and being burned off. Also check the turbo outlet for signs of oil.

I hope its just the rings seating. Its not much smoke. I did use the PTE relocated oil filter system. Will going to synthetic oil to soon hurt anything? Or does it mean it will take a little longer for the rings to seat? I just changed to Mobil 1 on the this oil change. It was at the 300 mile mark.