Newb inside a Stage2

fog

Hi,

So I got my S2 engine and trying to figure out parts an tolerances.

1) Cam - specs unknown, markings: Precision Turbo & Engine Z-2460 BV6-224-1210.
I tried to contact Precision from the online form but no reply.

2) Sleeve - the block has a crack in #1 cyl. I have a local machine shop, but they don't have a sleeve itself. Where could I purchase one? 4.010 bore.(016 block)

3) main bearings. The crank is 0.010 under already, but the #2 main needs a 0.020. Can I only grind one main bearing neck and buy two sets of bearings?
Problem is not cost, I just want to leave meat to the others and since this will be a racing app, it will need a regrind every now-and-then an if I grind all of them all the time, I will need a new crank too soon.

Thanks in advance.
P.S. taking it to one of the good builders is not an option, I'm 3000 miles over a pond:)

Call Dan at DLS for the specs on the cam. That appears to be one of his. He was building engines at Precision years ago.

Melling has a line of performance sleeves that are very good and won't break the bank. Your machinist needs to measure carefully to determine sleeve length and then select the right part number from their catalog. Catalog

The last sleeve I bought was a special order. it cost around $30 US and we had it in a couple day. The machine work to prep the block took a little longer:biggrin:

Call Dan at DLS for the specs on the cam. That appears to be one of his. He was building engines at Precision years ago.

Melling has a line of performance sleeves that are very good and won't break the bank. Your machinist needs to measure carefully to determine sleeve length and then select the right part number from their catalog. Catalog

The last sleeve I bought was a special order. it cost around $30 US and we had it in a couple day. The machine work to prep the block took a little longer:biggrin:

Thanks. I e-mailed Dan.

The block already has one sleeve in #5 and I measured it.
4.190OD 4.010ID 5.900L
But it was a tad too deep. The land in the bottom has been milled so thin, that half of it was gone. So the sleeve sits only in half land(180 degrees).

A little update,

Melling no longer does custom sleeves, but I got one that can be cut to fit.

Crank was redone and it is now 20/20. Now comes the infamous bearing problem.
I have BMS one and I-beams, so wide journal is needed.

I looked at the part numbers, and can anyone confirm, that the "wide journal" bearings are actually bearings from a newer 3800 Series 1 engine.

Mains: King MB 443AM witch is available up to 60 oversized.

Rods:
"normal journal" should be CR 6616 CI (up to 60)witch has:
Crank: 57.117/ 57.137
Housing: 60.300/ 60.312
Width: 16.74

"wide journal" should be ones used in 3800 engines: CR 6664 AM (up to 40)
Crank: 57.117/ 57.137
Housing: 60.295/ 60.312
Width: 18.31

Does that make sense?