no power

randy winn

randy29
my 87 grand national has no power on take will not spin tires runs good once it gets going any ideas.

my 87 grand national has no power on take will not spin tires runs good once it gets going any ideas.

Randy, you may join the ranks of those that think I am a crusty old fart that does not mince words, but I have to ask "how the hell do you expect a decent answer to your question" from your computer when there is no data for input?

On a positive note, please post your location so you are able to find someone close with some experience that can help you in person.

Since there are at least 1000 reasons, or answers, to your post, no one can help without lots of info about the car, its history, condition, mods if any, and lots more info.

If you are in the middle of nowhere, then use your phone for some basic tech help and to get acquainted with your GN.

My phone number is posted, and I am always willing to help as are others here as well. :)

Good luck with your GN!

I agree with Nick here. But that being said the most common answer for this complaint is the
Torque convertor.
It happens all the time when transmission rebuilds are done. They will install a torque convertor from stock which will be a D6
The stall speed is way lower than stock.

Now there is only 999 things it could be. Lol

I don't know what your car has on it for a fuel pressure regulator, but a ruptured or bad fuel press. reg. will cause the same condition. Man, that is an issue from way back!:cool:

i just got this car in february ithad lobe wiped off cam replaced cam and lifters been fighting it ever since the guy i bought it from said motor just rebuilt 3500 miles on it . it is clean car has te 44 turbo superstock intercooler 37 lb inj. stainless steel ex. i just put razors alky on and tt chip . dont no much about these cars but found my no power problem had boost to high . been reading this site since i got car learned a lot.

i just got this car in february ithad lobe wiped off cam replaced cam and lifters been fighting it ever since the guy i bought it from said motor just rebuilt 3500 miles on it . it is clean car has te 44 turbo superstock intercooler 37 lb inj. stainless steel ex. i just put razors alky on and tt chip . dont no much about these cars but found my no power problem had boost to high . been reading this site since i got car learned a lot.

If you wiped a cam lobe you can't just replace the cam and lifters to fix it. The engine needs to be completely disassembled / cleaned out of all the metal shavings and the block and heads has to be hot tanked, even though the engine was recently rebuilt before wiping the cam lobe. If you don't do this, you will be fighting the engine problems for a very long time.

Sorry for the bad luck with your newly purchased 87 GN. Hope it works out for you good luck.