no spark on fast

B

bobbyp

My fast system is not triggering msd box. I'm running a crank
trigger with 6al box which have been tested and are
working fine. Should the ponts wire on the fast harness (the white wire which is connected to the white points wire on the msd box) go to ground when triggering the msd box? The dashboard shows engine rpm when cranking and all the other sensors seem fine. Also, the fast sytem looses connection to the laptop after around 10 seconds of continuous cranking, is the normal?
Thanks, as you can tell this is my first time trying the system.

I guess you are using the FAST universal harness that came with the system. Make sure the pink 12V ignition wire is connected to source that provides 12V when the ignition is on AND while cranking.

it is, does it require a lot of amps? It is currently hooked up to a junction block (along with other stuff) which is feed by a relay that powers up when the key switches on.
thanks

The current draw requirements of the pink trigger wire are minimal, but if you have a bunch of stuff hooked up to this wire

Sorry, last post blew up in progress...

The current draw requirements of the pink trigger wire are minimal, but if you have a bunch of stuff hooked up to this wire, the voltage on that wire could be brought down to a level insufficient to run all the components connected to it. If this continues to be a problem, measure the voltage at this juntion point during cranking and see for yourself. It may be a good idea to put some of the items, particularly those that draw a decent amount of current, on a separate circuit.

Craig