Noble results

Fun at Noble

My first year to participate. Met and spoke with many great Buick guys and Gals. Unfortunately a couple of our LSPBC member's cars broke. Feel bad for ya Patrick and David. You get'em next time. We had a couple of guys hit the 11's for the first time. Congratulations to those who hit new lows. By the way, I won my race and $50 to boot. Can't wait till next year!!
Marty

Marty,
Yeah congrats on the Win and the 50 bucks!

I'm not hurt to bad nothing that a walbro 340 won't fix.

I did manage a 12.14 @ 110 before putting her back on the trailer.

The event was a blast. I was getting worried toward the end though, as we had been blowing them out lol but the last 10 or so races we pretty much got it handed back to us. The sandbagging was pretty obvious on a few runs. I ran a qualifying ET on 11.49 at 117.6 against a stang that qualified with an 11.90. Well needless to say he ran a 10.90 at 123 to my 11.52 at 112. I let off after seeing a few degrees of knock (temp had changed a lot and it ran a bit lean when the TC locked) it wasn't worth blowing a head gasket on a loss. I really hope they implement a 3 tenths breakout rule or something. Oh well it was an awesome time and ill be back next year for sure.

I had a blast. I will be back next year for sure. Yes, I finally got the car in the 11's. I think I found my boost building problem after coming back and searching here. The pedal is soft (bottoming out) and the brake idiot light flashes at me when I first touch the brakes. Search here says I need a new accumulator ball.

Thanks to the OK guys for the great event and thanks to the Dallas group for making an Austin guy feel welcome.

Zac

What we need is a few more (5) 8 and 9 second buicks to even the races out a little more. I hate running a 9 second car with a 10 second car!!

Had a great time watching. :D
Randy's (son) car could not duplicate his 11.83 qualifiying time so bla bla.
His engine had a high RPM miss and tranny would not shift some times because of it. We thought at first the tranny would not shift to 4th(OD) but it was actually a high RPM miss holding the shifts back (we think).

I was sure missing my ole car until I saw Art Freeman engine go out if ya'll no what I mean. That was a sad sight. :(

I had a blast and ran my best ever, ET 11.98 at 111.45 MPH. I didn't think I get the 11 this year. :cool:

Dannyo

I didn't get my 10:mad: Damn tranny!Ran lots of MPH though 122-124.5 consistently hit 11.30s and consistently hurting rocker shafts.

Don't worry Racebuicks if everything goes well for me this next year I WILL be there with a 9 second buick.Damn the paint job.I mean business now!

Had a blast. Hats off to all the Oklahoma guys for putting on another fantastic event. Also, thanks to the LSPBC cooks for the grub. The weather was much better this year than in past years.

Everything came together and stayed together this year unlike recent events for me. :D I ran my personal best so far with a 10.93 spanking a Ford in the process. How sweet it is....

Can't wait til next year:D

Yes it was a very enjoyable event.

Thanks to the Oklahoma Club for there hard work and effort to put on the event for us.

I was hoping to hit a personal best with the good weather but it was not ment to be. Got close but no cookies. The weather was great but the track was a little on the slick side. My times on 60' were about 1/10 off and the 1/8 mile were 1 to 2/10's off, mph was 2 mph off. The back half of the track data looked ok.

Anyway it was a good time and good to see old friends and meet new ones. I'm looking forward to next year.

Yes we do need some more 8 and 9 second cars. I'm not complaning but I have been in the range where I get to usually run a 8 second mustang. Last year I was match up as close as I have ever been to a mustang. He qualified with a 9.50 to my 9.60 and he spun a little on the launch. lost that one by .006. One of the best races I have run.

Congratulations to the Buick guys !!!!

Noble

Those "slightly" slower car owners appreciate you racing Neal ,as you bump them up the ladder :D lol

For the record I heard the track was not good around the starting area. I talked to and saw a few other drivers that even blew the tires away way down the track.

Greg McCall

Since my GS ran a personal best of 13.7 I don't know what you guys are talking about!!!??? Oh wait a second, I think I slip a alittle on my practically off idle launch. (Got a brake issue). I have to admit I had one of the slowest Buicks there, but it was the prettiest cars also. For those that don't know. It was the red convertible. The Buick crowd is a great crowd!!
Marty

Hey Marty-

Congrats on your individual win and money win. BTW, could you bring some chocolate Krispy Kremes next year?

Mitch

Originally posted by RACEBUICKS
What we need is a few more (5) 8 and 9 second buicks to even the races out a little more. I hate running a 9 second car with a 10 second car!!

bottle it:cool: