Noble results

Originally posted by RACEBUICKS
What for?? Most of the mustangs cant catch me without it!!!;)

you are the one that made the comment about having to race mustangs that are a second faster then you.

that is like somebody complaning about how thier car is, nobody made them buy the car that they did.

Originally posted by SNEAKY
you are the one that made the comment about having to race mustangs that are a second faster then you.

that is like somebody complaning about how heavy thier car is, nobody made them buy the car that they did.

edit

Sneaky is stirring the pot for next year maybe ;)

Maybe next year the Buicks can lose the last 10 races and still win AGAIN !
:p
Or
Maybe the track will hold some of the faster Buicks next year and the outcome wil be ??????????. stir....

I think the V8s ought to give all those little V6s a head start, but then the Fords would hollar foul :rolleyes: lol

Okay here it is , lets add a TOW VEHICAL event , how about that one :cool:

i was told by a good friend that went that the guy controlling the light wasnt giving the buicks any time to build boost, and alot of races would have went the other way if they would have been able to build any boost.

Joshua

2 more years and i hope to attend it.

Plan on moving to the Rowlett/Rockwall area next year :cool:

and i will represent the buicks :) 11's on 93 octane and radials ;)

Originally posted by 87grandnat
i was told by a good friend that went that the guy controlling the light wasnt giving the buicks any time to build boost, and alot of races would have went the other way if they would have been able to build any boost.

Joshua

lol.

Joshua

next thing you know, somebody will get mad cause they burnt the tranny up cause the starter what to long.

Hey bro, im just telling you what a friend told me that actually went, if you did not go then you dont know, and so you do know the more boost you build at the line the better your launch will be, so without getting the chance to build more boost they didnt launch as good as they would have.

For the record Buick blood runs through my veins,
With that established...
Each side had their time to stage. I was there from start to finish.
Also, if there was anyway the Buicks were getting cheated the track announcer (working for the track) would have caught it and complained. He was all BUICK, we liked him. Hope he is there next year. ;)

Hey bro, im just telling you what a friend told me that actually went, if you did not go then you dont know, and so you do know the more boost you build at the line the better your launch will be, so without getting the chance to build more boost they didnt launch as good as they would have.

i was there, i was helping out my friend who was number three fastest ford on the property, and it just so happens he has an auto and turbo also. he actually built to much boost on the line and killed the tires.

About the pro tree...

I had no problems getting the boost up.I don't boost up until I have both stage lights lit.But my combo brings the boost up like yesterday,real fast.I was pulling 1.60 s all day.Not my best 60' but good enough to get some fast runs even though the trans would not shift.

HEHE...just for giggles I left from idle on friday night for my first pass and ran 11.38@ 124.5 with a 1.95 60'.Left some poor mustang wondering what hit him.I'll really be moving next year;) !

I think the problem most of the Buick boys have with the pro tree is that it makes you nervous as hell about getting a good launch and leaving on time.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
About the pro tree...

I think the problem most of the Buick boys have with the pro tree is that it makes you nervous as hell about getting a good launch and leaving on time.

i believe it was the host idea to run PT.

BTW, go to something like FFW or bigger event and see what happens on a pro tree. when you stage, you had better be ready to go.

I didn't have a problem with the lights either. I just waited til all 4 stage lights were lit and counted 1-2 stabed the throttle and waited for the green. Boost was perfect and left with plenty on the table.
I studied the lights before hand and knew were my car would be ready to bust out so It all worked for me.
Plus, did I say I spanked a Ford?...

I didn't have a problem with the lights either. I just waited til all 4 stage lights were lit and counted 1-2 stabed the throttle and waited for the green. Boost was perfect and left with plenty on the table.
I studied the lights before hand and knew were my car would be ready to bust out so It all worked for me.
Plus, did I say I spanked a Ford?...

I have no problem with the Pro Tree it's almost like the instant green racing. I set the first light and then build boost and creep in to the second light I'm ready.

And Sneaky is right it was the Buick camp that changed it to a pro tree because of so many redlights by the Buicks a couple of years ago.

I know a lot of folks were complaining about the starting line but I had my best 60ft ever with a 1.62. The rest of the day they were 1.70's but thats good for my street car.

How bad did Art Freeman hurt his engine?I noticed he didnt run in the finals.

The pro tree has worked great for the Buicks as theres been very few red lights the past 2 years.3 years ago there was 12-15 Buick reds.