oil comes out oil breather holes

Velon

not sure why but oil is seeping out of my oil breathers especially when under boost on my 109 stroker motor. Already have the aftermarket pcv valve tube to help control pressure. I have the champion buick turbo valve covers with aftermarket breathers. Just need it to quit leaking out oil.thanks!

not sure why but oil is seeping out of my oil breathers especially when under boost on my 109 stroker motor. Already have the aftermarket pcv valve tube to help control pressure. I have the champion buick turbo valve covers with aftermarket breathers. Just need it to quit leaking out oil.thanks!
Maybe running the stock pcv valve would work

Maybe running the stock pcv valve would work
I had the same problem on my new stroker, when i would do a few wot blasts oil would drip out of my push in filters and drip on my headers while driving. When i come to a light alot of smoke came out from under hood, not a cool look. I fixed it with the angle/adapters that cottons sells and they worked great. here are pics of them installed. Hope this helps.
charger grill 031.jpg
charger grill 015.jpg

I had the same issue with my DLS built stroker. I made inserts to put in the breather tubes, that didn't work. Then I had baffles put in the valve covers but it still dripped from the breathers. PCV will not help the issue because the oil is already in the breather after a wot run. If you disconnect the pcv at idle is there a lot of vapor coming out the breathers? If so, it may be an indication of rings not sealing and you may want to consider a leak down test. If not, try what quadzila did, might be the ticket.

IF YOU GET IT TO STOP . YOUR OUT OF OIL ! ANGLED BREATHERS WILL HELP SOME .. I GOT MINE FROM KIRBANS . IT HELPED BUT DID NOT STOP IT ALL TOGETHER .. NATURE OF THE BEAST.

do the angle valve cover breathers work on the champion taller valve covers? thanks guys for the help.

Is it normal on a stock rebuilt engine with 18 lbs of boost to drip from breathers? Another words is there a certain psi of boost where its not an issue?

Nope, it's Rocker oil splash issue usely, Tunnel your brethers or you can all else fails, buy the Evac-kit,(hoses from the vavle covers to a remote breathers)

So i should poss. get the longer angled tube breathers and a top hole pass. valve cover? I was also considering a catch can set up as i pland on turning up boost to 20+

No blow by equals low cylinder pressure. Low cylinder pressure equals low power. When they get really bad you can replace the top ring. File the ring and install and the blow by will be reduced. You will not pick up any power though.

bison said:
No blow by equals low cylinder pressure. Low cylinder pressure equals low power. When they get really bad you can replace the top ring. File the ring and install and the blow by will be reduced. You will not pick up any power though.

Or seal the valve covers and convert to a dry sump. Will help with ring seal and make more power.

Big Turbo Scott said:
Or seal the valve covers and convert to a dry sump. Will help with ring seal and make more power.

It may make more power but it will definitely pull more fuel into the crankcase

Actually the opposite is true. With the increased ring seal come less oil contamination. The rings are allowed to do their job more efficently.

but at a cost of almsot 1600 bucks to set up dry sump?

he would need atleast 3 stages to pull enough vacuum for ring seal. +7 quart tank + -12 and -10 AN line + oil heater + check valves + breather catch + drive mandrel + a setup to make it streetable.

im building my engine with dry sump and it ended up costing alot more then i had anticipated. not for vacuum.... but because i wanted a gear drive.

Actually the opposite is true. With the increased ring seal come less oil contamination. The rings are allowed to do their job more efficently.
Ive never played with it on a turbo engine but on NA engines using the thin metric compression rings it pulled more fuel past the rings where the vacuum was adjusted to provide the highest peak power. Increasing vacuum beyond that lost power and pulled more fuel into the oil. Running less didnt contaminate the oil as much but gave up a few hp.