OIL Type? Oil filter ?

10-40.....

.....here's some info that might help decide... .....

This is a quote from the below link...

10W-40 and 5W-30 require a lot of polymers (synthetics excluded) to achieve that range. This has caused problems in diesel engines, but fewer polymers are better for all engines. The wide viscosity range oils, in general, are more prone to viscosity and thermal breakdown due to the high polymer content. It is the oil that lubricates, not the additives. Oils that can do their job with the fewest additives are the best.

Very few manufactures recommend 10W-40 any more, and some threaten to void warranties if it is used. It was not included in this article for that reason. 20W-50 is the same 30 point spread, but because it starts with a heavier base it requires less viscosity index improvers (polymers) to do the job. AMSOIL can formulate their 10W-30 and 15W-40 with no viscosity index improvers but uses some in the 10W-40 and 5W-30. Mobil 1 uses no viscosity improvers in their 5W-30, and I assume the new 10W-30. Follow your manufacturer's recommendations as to which weights are appropriate for your vehicle.

http://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/AUTO/F_oil_facts.html

:) alan

tom h
I am not saying that synthetics are not good, but for our use are they worth the money.
The point that is always brought up is coaking in the turbo as a reason for using synthetics.
If you check your owners manual for the GN it even recommends 30wt oil as on grade that can be used.
My point is if it was worth the money the people who depend on an engine for their living would be using it.

Just admit it-- synthetics are better. proven fact period. I know where you can get cheaper gas for 87 octane regular. It's only 1.39 a gallon. Just use lots and lots of toulene to get an octane your comfortable with. P.S. That's 9 bucks a gallon.

People this is NOT a conspiricy( spelling) SYNTHETICS GOOD--SLICK 50,MOTOR UP, oil additives bad.

If people have used regular oil and been happy with it good. But don't pee on my leg and call it Moutain dew. Jace